Author Topic: Dr.'s  in Ottawa?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this msg board.
I have been contemplating getting surgery for a couple of years now, and seeing that I am now 29yrs old, and have had the condition since puberty, I want to get it done.

I've located a couple of doctors that are registered with the "Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons" in the Ottawa region.

Specifically Dr. Van Wyck, and Dr Callaghan

I am leaning towards Dr Van Wyck,
http://www.cosmeticsurgeryottawa.com/credentials.htm

as his credentials seem to outweight the others.

Can anyone provide any type of feedback on any doctors in the Ottawa region?

Also any tips, advice.  This is completely new to me, and dont know what to look for, what to expect and so on.
Apparently Ultrasonic Lypo is a less painful method? Any comments on this procedure?
Thanks so much,
Raven,  :)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:24:04 AM by Raven »

Offline FB

• Silver Member
I hear Van Wyck is good but very expensive because he works out of his own office I believe. I also live in Ottawa but opted to go with Fielding in Toronto.

Search the boards for Van Wyck...I think there's a posting or 2 out there.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 03:03:11 PM by freezerburnt »

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Thanks for the response  FB,   :D

I've already searched before posting, and there were no results.
I just searched again, and only my topic comes up???

Were you satisfied with Fieldings results?
Did you just get lipo, or glandular removal and lipo?
What kind of costs did you encur?
Were you able to drive back home the same day or??
Sorry for all the questions, but I might go the same route as you did, if it all makes more sense!
Thanks again!!  ;)

Raven

Offline FB

• Silver Member
No Problem..

Were you satisfied with Fieldings results?
More or less I am, I have one side of me that is folded in that I am planning on seeing him about but it's still way...better than before.

Did you just get lipo, or glandular removal and lipo?
Both

What kind of costs did you encur?
$1070Canadian - tax included

Were you able to drive back home the same day or??
I stayed the night at the Hospital and then drove home the next day - no problem, but it's not encouraged. Everyone recovers differently so I took a gamble driving all the way to Toronto thinking I could drive the next day.
Sorry for all the questions, but I might go the same route as you did, if it all makes more sense!
Anytime - ask away
Thanks again!!

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Thanks FB,
Not sure what you mean by folded???

Did you purchase a compression vest for post op? If so, which one did you go with, and how long did you keep it on for?

Well I've finally done it... and I've scheduled my consultation visit with Dr Fielding.  It is 5 weeks away from now.

So I will do like you did and go to Toronto and see him, since he clearly seems to have done this procedure many times, and has a reputable background based on the comments in this forum.

I am probably also going to end up spending the night at the hospital and basicaly doing the exact same thing you did... lol Seems the most logical thing to do really.

His Secretary told me that he is very busy these days and right now they are taking operation bookings for Sept/October timeframe...
I'm getting psyched about it  :D

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
$1070? Jeez, you guys have it easy! £3730 for my treatment in the UK - that's $6974.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Have any of you heard of Dr. Labow? I've got a consultation with him later in July but I never heard anything about him.  I'm thinking of also seeing Van Wyck and Silverman, but not sure if I actually need to see 2-3 different doctors and then decide.

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
No I have not heard of him...
Have you check him up in Google?
Maybe use the search function on this site to see if anything comes up?  ???

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
The most info I have been able to find is "Professor, University of Ottawa, Surgeon, The Ottawa Hospital
Subspecialty: colorectal surgery".  I think I'll check him out anyways and see what he's got to offer and I'm booking an appointment with Silverman too.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Can anyone tell me about their gynecomastia experiences with Dr. Silverman or Dr. Van Wyck?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024