Author Topic: Dr's Office Refused To Submit To Insurance Co. For Pre-approval. HELP ME PLEASE  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Caslas213

• Posting Member
I'm a 38 year old disabled for the last 5 years after a failed back surgery destroyed my life. I had the best job in the world as a Police Sergeant here in Missouri.

I went and discussed my gynecomastia  with my family doctor. He sent me to see a plastic surgeon. Due to my back and my 7 back surgeries (since my failed surgery) the plastic surgeon told me it is definitely medically necessary since my back and the pain I have in my chest.

My boobs hurt so bad everyday, I can't even have a shirt touch my nipples. I'm stuck inside of my home. He took photo's and told me he would sent a letter and pics to Medicare, but he see's no reason at all why it will be a problem getting it approved.

The plastic surgeons office called today and I was informed that they will not even submit my case to Medicare because they won't approve this. I told them what the doctor had told me and she got hatefull with me and said again it will not be sent to Medicare. I tried to talk to her and she became angry and rude so I hung up the phone.

I called back an hour later to make an appointment to see the doctor and she refused to let me make an appointment. I called my family doctor and now can't be seen for almost three weeks.

Please someone help me! I feel like just giving up on life. What do I do? I felt very good about what the surgeon told me at the appointment, but now I'm so upset, hurt, disappointed, feel helpless, and I don't know where to turn. I have money set aside for this surgery in case it's not covered. Now I just want it done ASAP. It's ruining my life. I will travel just to get this done ASAP!

I would love to hear from the doctors on here too.

Thank You

hammer

I don't know what to tell you friend! I'm  disabled too and have heard that Medicare does cover this surgery however I'm not looking to get it myself and I go to the VA for my care instead of using my Part A/B.

You may want to try a new doctor, is the only thing that I could suggest.

Sorry to hear about the BS.

Offline Caslas213

• Posting Member
Thank You, I'm thinking about calling Medicare myself and talk to them about this, WITHOUT giving them my name.

I'm just drained and not ready to start all over again.

hammer

I'm been dealing with medical crap for a long time, you can read "my story after all these years" in stories and trust me, you can't give up, and let them win, you must stay on top be persistent and stay strong! Prayer also helps a lot too!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am concerned about the amount of sensitivity you have. I think an Endocrinologist might be more important to you at this time than a surgeon. That amount of sensitivity could indicate that the breasts are actively growing and that would rule out surgery until your condition has stabilized.

By the way, I too was once a Police Officer in the city of Dallas, Texas.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024