Author Topic: Called my surgeons office, relief and questions  (Read 1543 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hello,
I am slated to have gyno surgery at the begginning of September. I called my PS office and talked to a receptionist/assistant there and found this out:

- The doctor is doing an excision, and will do lipo if it is deemed necessary.

- She isnt sure whether he is going in through the aerola, or through the armpit.

- I will not be needing a compression vest. I have a tight bandage that is wrapped around me for 24 hours. After that I think I have just taped on bandages.

- I can leave the city following the surgery to recover, I will just have to be back in 7-10 days for a checkup.

Now I am super relieved that I will have the lipo done if necessary. However I have a couple concerns. Why does everyone on this board have to wear a compression vest for a month following surgery, and I do not need one at all? This seems very strange to me. Should I buy some underarmor, and if so - how do I size it?

Also, I am concerned about leaving the city to recover at the family farm. What if I need draining or something like that?

As far as driving out of here I have a few options: having my parents pick me up for the 2.5 hour drive either following my surgery, or the next day. Or driving myself the next day. What would you reccomend?

Thank You

Offline flex1appeal

I would strongly recommend a vest. It prevents swelling and hematomas from developing. It will help prevent you from having to be drained. More than likely, he may have a drain on you until your next visit. And that may be why you don't need a vest. But I'd still recommend it cause it helps tremendously. Wearing a vest fro 4-6 weeks just ensures that swelling stays down and helps the skin tighten and recontour. And as for driving, I drove the next day. I was sore but nothing I couldn't deal with. Just make sure you don't do anything strenuous like lifting heavy items or making sudden movements. Try to relax and not move around as much a possible the first few days. Driving 2.5 hours could be uncomfortable. Bareable nonetheless but uncomfortable. Everyone is different with regards to pain and discomfort.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024