Author Topic: Indentation/Line above the nipples area ??? Should i worry close to 4 weeks now.  (Read 5376 times)

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Weird i read here indentations lines occurring below the nipple area, but when i make a little bow pose , well something like this : flickr.com/photos/dedamselfly/3875371052/in/photostream/
I get a big creator/sketch mark on my left chest area (edit: looks like similar line as the above person has on his left chest under armpit) . I have a huge chunk of hard tissue running from side of the chest across the nipple and am worried if what i am seeing is a indentation/creator effect or is it just deformed shape cause of not everything has healed up and hard mass/scar/tissue disappeared? I am afraid of skin might be sticking to muscle only in one spot  ? But i swear i have enough fat on my chest still left to cause such a thing ? Any ideas how to prevent it from worsening , i am massaging more and more; is there a particular technique to massage properly ?

I mean line/indentation something like the line on the top in picture :  i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/adonis1/Photo9.jpg from : https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22033.msg148544#msg148544

Its only on left side as left side has more fat drawn than right, right side has no such issues.

DrBermant

Weird i read here indentations lines occurring below the nipple area, but when i make a little bow pose , well something like this : flickr.com/photos/dedamselfly/3875371052/

I get a big creator/sketch mark on my left chest area. I have a huge chunk of hard tissue running from side of the chest across the nipple and am worried if what i am seeing is a indentation/creator effect or is it just deformed shape cause of not everything has healed up and hard mass/scar/tissue disappeared? I am afraid of skin might be sticking to muscle only in one spot  ? But i swear i have enough fat on my chest still left to cause such a thing ? Any ideas how to prevent it from worsening , i am massaging more and more; is there a particular technique to massage properly ?

I mean line/indentation something like the line on the top in picture :  i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/adonis1/Photo9.jpg from : https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22033.msg148544#msg148544

Its only on left side as left side has more fat drawn than right, right side has no such issues.

Crater defects (a name I coined to describe such deformities) do come in many different forms. The best method is not to start with the problem. Scar care is part of my patients' standard instructions as well as compression therapy. After that, revision surgery is what i have used to fix this problem from surgery done elsewhere.

How tissues move after surgery, in my opinion is critical to the quality of the surgical sculpture and why I add flexing and raising arms up overhead to my analysis of problems / surgical solutions. Tissues do tend to evolve after surgery. Each surgeon's skills and techniques have their own limitations, how they heal, progress, and how they move. Checking how tissues move and evolve can be important in surgeon selection. Here is a post where I describe how to post images to demonstrate such issues, and ways I have dealt with the deformities in the past on other patients:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21167.msg147090;topicseen#msg147090

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Thanks doc but i am not sure if its a deformity, it is no where close to the nipple area. Now that i look at this image again : flickr.com/photos/dedamselfly/3875371052/in/photostream/ The line i am talking about is exactly the one on the guy on his left chest/armpit area. And since i have hard tissue/scare and loose skin still i am seeing a crater maybe ? It's more around the armpit/chest are rather than around nipple area .

DrBermant

Thanks doc but i am not sure if its a deformity, it is no where close to the nipple area. Now that i look at this image again : flickr.com/photos/dedamselfly/3875371052/in/photostream/ The line i am talking about is exactly the one on the guy on his left chest/armpit area. And since i have hard tissue/scare and loose skin still i am seeing a crater maybe ? It's more around the armpit/chest are rather than around nipple area .

That is why I developed my standard after gynecomastia surgery pictures and video techniques mentioned in the link above. Such pictures demonstrate the deformity or successful contouring of this surgery. Except for the in office examination, they are the closest I have been able to achieve in designing a methodology for evaluation and letting others share their concerns about issues after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024