Author Topic: Surgery With Levick - COMPLETE 16th January (Pics now added)  (Read 21946 times)

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Cheers for the reassurance guys.

Went to holland and barrett on my lunchbreak for arnica - they only have the 'pillules' that come in a little click pack. anyone used these?

Where can I get them just in capsule form?

Yeah they are the same ones I got from h+b. To be honest I keep forgetting to take them now, although I was good taking them alongside the antibiotics. 
Gyno free :)

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Thanks all

Pez, there are many people who think that taking arnica is pointless anyway. I don't think there is any solid evidence it makes that much of a difference when it comes to bruising/swelling. Better safe than sorry though.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Thanks all

Pez, there are many people who think that taking arnica is pointless anyway. I don't think there is any solid evidence it makes that much of a difference when it comes to bruising/swelling. Better safe than sorry though.

Only if it were free.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Thanks all

Only if it were free.

Going against an experienced surgeon's advice for the sake of £4? Madness.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Six days to go!!

For the people who have already had the op - how 'big' are the dressings? are they easy enough to fit your coat over when you leave or would you recommend i buy a size or two bigger?

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Six days to go!!

For the people who have already had the op - how 'big' are the dressings? are they easy enough to fit your coat over when you leave or would you recommend i buy a size or two bigger?

Not long now mate! Yeah you'll be okay with a normal sized coat. I wore a loose fitting zip up hoody.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the bandages, but I do remember seeing one in someone else's thread on here but I can't remember who's without searching.

They are quite large and padded, probably around 1cm above the chest but I wouldn't worry you'll be fine with your normal coat. Just make sure you have a button up shirt and hoody ready and possibly a few layers, think it's forecast snow next week so keep warm post op and when travelling back. This time next next week you'll be post op mate. It goes so quickly!

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
Thanks all

Only if it were free.

Going against an experienced surgeon's advice for the sake of £4? Madness.

I asked Levick about it & he had no opinion / shrugged his shoulders..... I dont think its his advice. If you read the homeopathy chapter in 'Bad Science' by Ben Goldacre you will know why I didn't take it :) great book.

I didn't take it & had zero bruising..........

I would take it though if you want its not like it will have a negative impact - do whatever makes you feel best for the operation.

All the best. Waiting is worse than the op !!!!

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
^tpuk, that's just as well then because I haven't been strictly remembering to take them all the time :P

Well, the time is finally here. Got my girlfriend to wax my chest stomach and back (ouch!) and I travel down to Birmingham for my consultation first thing tomorrow, so I'll be getting everything packed today. Some essentials I'm taking are:

Button up cardigan for post op - a size too big so that it isn't to difficult to get on over the dressings
A warm coat for the journey home - again a size up for the same reasons
Jogging bottoms - easier to get on the following day than jeans with buttons etc
Toothbrush
Kindle
Ipod

If there's anyone else around on the forum today who has anything else they would recommend, please do so! I won't be home until Thursday evening so probably won't report back here until Friday.

I'd just like to thank everyone again for their help and advice on this thread and on their own threads, for those of us yet to have the op your help has been invaluable.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
And incase I'm not on later, I didnt wan't to leave my number of posts at 66 <superstitious>

67 is also a brilliant number for personal reasons :)

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
All the best mate. Its so very worth it. Even 6 weeks post op my results are so amazing!

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Slip on shoes are better if you have any? And I was starving for my evening meal, even after 3 courses I wasn't full. I was pleased I packed an extra bar of chocolate!

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Well, that's my gyno all fixed with the help of Mr Levick :)

I can't speak highly enough of him and the rest of his team at the Priory. First class from start to finish.

I'm currently waiting on the before and after pics Levick took in the operating theater being emailed to me, once they are I'll post them up.

Now I'm just going to relax and take it easy and get on with the healing process. Looking forward to taking the dressings off in a week's time!

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Also, been looking through other members' threads who had surgery with Levick and noticed they all seem to have their incisions covered - i don't for some reason :s Will have to stick some plasters over them myself I think

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Also, been looking through other members' threads who had surgery with Levick and noticed they all seem to have their incisions covered - i don't for some reason :s Will have to stick some plasters over them myself I think

Did you get any spare dressings when you left with your tablets in a green booklet type thing?

Congrats man, welcome to the other side. It makes me happy when i see people get the op done, life changing stuff!

How was the journey home? Bit of a trek wasn't it?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024