Author Topic: Aromasin (drug for treating gyne)  (Read 3792 times)

Offline sadfatty

• Posting Member

Offline nick1234

• Posting Member

Offline RUI

• Posting Member
I think it all depends on the cause of the gyne.

Aromasin tablets contain the active ingredient exemestane, which is a type of medicine called an aromatase inhibitor. It works by preventing the action of an enzyme in the body called the aromatase enzyme.

The aromatase enzyme is involved in producing the female sex hormone, oestrogen, in women who have gone through the menopause. The enzyme converts the sex hormones androstenedione (produced by the ovaries), and testosterone, into oestrogen. Exemestane prevents this conversion by blocking the action of the aromatase enzyme. This causes a reduction in oestrogen levels.

Full article here

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
I took it for a month at 20mg/day and saw zero results. I almost think my gyno may have gotten a bit worse, but that could have just been paranoia. Some claim that you need to take it for longer to see the results, but I just couldn't really see that happening. Compared to how much gyno my surgeon removed, I just don't think a drug could take care of it. It was also very expensive, $180 for a ~40 day supply, and you need at least double that... That is a lot of money to throw at something that isn't even guaranteed or showing any results...
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024