Author Topic: help needed> is this gyno?  (Read 3772 times)

Offline ajgyno84

• Posting Member
please help n let me know if i drop my bf can this improve or shud i go for surgery>> will appreciate your comments. my nipples temporarily reduce after cardio and feel bloated again in a few hours. i hope there is an option other than surgery.

Offline ajgyno84

• Posting Member

Offline ajgyno84

• Posting Member

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Yep,could be gyne, as for surgery, its really up to you, no one else! I wouldnt but others here would go for the knife with less!

DrBermant

please help n let me know if i drop my bf can this improve or shud i go for surgery>> will appreciate your comments. my nipples temporarily reduce after cardio and feel bloated again in a few hours. i hope there is an option other than surgery.

If the chest contour look female on a male chest, then it is gynecomastia. The Anatomy of Gynecomastia consists of gland, fat, and skin.

There is a thin Under Nipple Areola Muscle that can flatten puffy nipples when stimulated. Unfortunately, it is not practical to keep stimulating this muscle, and once it relaxes the contour underneath returns.

Have you checked out your Body Mass Index (BMI) or evaluated your Body Fat with an Analyzer?  Weight loss before surgery is typically better than weight loss after. Weight Loss can help with the fat component of gynecomastia, but not the gland.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
Lose 20-30lbs and then ask yourself that!  If it still looks the same it's gyno!  You're bigger though so you could lose weight and notice a big change but like most cases here it's prolly gyno!  Ugh you hate it!!

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:53:47 PM by fluffy_tits »
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yes it's gyne.  lose weight to prep for an op, but it'll be more obvious by then. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline ajgyno84

• Posting Member
thanks guys.. appreciate the advice, it looks like i got gyno but i am sure if i lose some weight it will look unnoticable, am starting a diet and cardio program> i have lost a lot of weight before and the symptoms have almost dissapeared. i will put up some pics in a month to show my progress

DrBermant

thanks guys.. appreciate the advice, it looks like i got gyno but i am sure if i lose some weight it will look unnoticable, am starting a diet and cardio program> i have lost a lot of weight before and the symptoms have almost dissapeared. i will put up some pics in a month to show my progress

Weight loss before surgery is much better than weight loss after. Losing weight is coarse tool. Plastic Surgery is best for refinement. You cannot pick where the weight comes from. Men tend to put weight on first on the belly and chest. These regions tend to take the weight off last. If you do surgery first, then lose weight, and lose weight in a normal fashion and not lose as much in the chest area, it may look like the gynecomastia has returned. That is why as a surgical sculptor I prefer picking a coarse tool first, and reserving the surgery for refinement. Of course this does not make as much money as the surgeon who advocates early "jump starting" plastic surgery who then can charge for the revision surgery too! However, for some the losing weight is enough to produce a satisfactory contour. I have seen that many times over the years. No surgery fee, but the perfect sculpture: no scar.

Be patient, get to a weight you are happy with, then consider if surgical contouring is needed.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024