Author Topic: Suffering for 25+ years need help!  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Redi

• Posting Member
Hi there

I really need some advice. I am 40 years old from Brisbane Australai and have been suffering since puberty. I had pea size lumps form under my nipples which i remember got very sensitive. I had a really flat muscly chest before this happened.. My hormones were going crazy. my nipples got puffy and i could tell my chest didn't look right.

Anyhow, the lumps went away eventually but the fat stayed forever making my chest look flabby and week. So, i don't actually have Gyne but had it 25 years ago. I can confirm that there is no glandular tissue at all but just the fat that it left behind.

I really need surgery for this as it has made my life a living hell.. I am 6ft and normally weight about 80kg but have been down to 57kg when i was sick and had half the fat i have today. They were better but still there..

I need to know how much roughly it might cost because i am wondering if it is different depending on the severity and if there is glandular tissue?   I have no glandular tissue to cut out. I would simply need a very small amount of fat taken from each side. I am thinking about 300 grams of fat total..

Is it possible to get it done fairly cheap if its easier job?  Im just coming off 5 year disability pension for broken neck and back so i really don't have heaps of $$.

Here are some pics. I would appreciate any advice. Its mild but enough to kill my self confidence growing up. They can bee seen under some shirts. Its just looks week.

Regards,
Redi

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Redi,

Sorry to hear about your issues with gynecomastia.  Looking at your photos and hearing your story, I would caution you in your assessment of needs for surgery.  In my hands, I would likely do liposuction and excise tissue from under the nipple to be sure I had the best contour, and depending on what your surgeon finds at the time of surgery, you should not try to restrict him from doing something if he thinks you need it. 

That said, I have no idea what the cost in Australia is.  I did my fellowship there (in Melbourne), and at the time--1993--I think gynecomastia may have been covered by the NHS, but it probably put you on a waiting list of several years.  Obviously, you can pay to have it done.  I have met a plastic surgeon, who practices in Queensland, and does have a cosmetic focus in his practice. I don't know his work personally, but one of my colleagues that I do know who is in Brisbane had a positive view of him. You can e-mail me for his details if you'd like and his office would be able to tell you what the cost is for him anyway.

Good luck,

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would agree that you have gynecomastia. I would not characterize your gynecomastia as pea sized now of course. I would suggest you call a local plastic surgeon and ask over the phone about the costs.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Redi

• Posting Member
Hi

Thanks for your replies and advice.. I was referring to the lumps/glandular tissue that was pea sized when i was about 13 years old. Only thing there now is the fat that came with. I think the lumps were only there for a year or less when i was young. Its frustrating because its just fat :) I know this as i have had an ultra sound and there is no glandular tissue to be seen. The fat is spread out over the hole lower half of my pecs while top half is lean.

Anyhow. I have an amazing ability to loose weight when i really need/want to. I have lost 13kg since posting here. Chest is a bit better but still not great and i am almost 10 kg under my appropriate weight for hight. I might post another pic here after the weight loss.

Thanks again

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
In light of the fact that none of us practice in Australia, and based on your description and history, you have gynecomastia.   Whether it's fat or gland, if you want to have it treated, you'll need to ask someone in Brisbane how much it will cost.

RS

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024