Author Topic: PUTTING THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE, UPDATE MARCH 16 2012 A MUST READ  (Read 7745 times)

hammer

The story that I am going to tell at the end of this post is very real and true! I will not give the detail of the name of location, sex of the individual or any details that may give any identity away.

We all see and deal with our gynecomastia in different ways. I read about people thinking that everyone is looking at their chest, I too have had this same thought. I posted this morning on another area that I thought that I was in denial about the fact that I wasn't as big as I really am, and maybe that was good, maybe not.  

Everyone tells me I handle the ups and downs that I have gone through in my life so well (see my story if you have not). The reason that I have, is my faith, and when I do feel down and out, I just look around at so meany that are so worst off, then I am thankful for what I have.

Yes, I am optimistic, but it has gotten me through so much, that I believe it is the right way to be. To have a strong self confidence, believe in yourself, and take pride in who you are, what you do and how you live your life. Of course I could go on, but here is the story as promised.

My youngest daughter transferred to a new collage in her junior year and after about two weeks she text me and this is what the text said.
"Dad, there is a person at my school with 2 heads"! I text back asking for real, she said "yes, in the lunch room eating and the two heads are talking to each other".

Throughout the year she would see this person, however never got to talk, but very real. Two working heads, one body.

And we thought we get looks! I don't know about you, but if given the choice I would take the gyne!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:23:36 PM by hammer »

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
Agreed, it can be easy for us to think we have it SOOO bad off. But in reality things could be much worse. Its good to get those little reminders. That snap us back to how good we really have it.

The grass might look greener on the other side, until you hop over and realize its full of snakes.

hammer

UPDATE MARCH 16 2012

My daughter just came home for spring break and told her mother and I that the person with two heads had two different majors! One head would sleep while the other head was in the class for their major!

Sounds like the kind of life that you would like to live?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Several years back, I was typing a response to a posting from a young man who honestly had the feeling that the world was coming to an end because of his Gynecomastia. The phone rang. It was one of my daughters with news that her 14 year old daughter (My Grand-daughter) had been diagnosed with Cancer.

In the overall scheme of things, the problem we share is, at the most, trivial.

My grand-daughter? Surgry, then another, then chemotherapy, Then annual checkups. She has matured to be a lovely young woman and is married to a great guy. Their expected baby will be Great Grandchild number 5. Her annual checkups still show her cancer free. We are truly blessed.

I don't recall if I ever answered that young man's post, It just did not seem too important at the time.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Several years back, I was typing a response to a posting from a young man who honestly had the feeling that the world was coming to an end because of his Gynecomastia. The phone rang. It was one of my daughters with news that her 14 year old daughter (My Grand-daughter) had been diagnosed with Cancer.

In the overall scheme of things, the problem we share is, at the most, trivial.

My grand-daughter? Surgry, then another, then chemotherapy, Then annual checkups. She has matured to be a lovely young woman and is married to a great guy. Their expected baby will be Great Grandchild number 5. Her annual checkups still show her cancer free. We are truly blessed.

I don't recall if I ever answered that young man's post, It just did not seem too important at the time.

That is just it Paa_Paw, as I read so many that post that they are so devastated with what they see as huge man boobs, and fear that their chest are being glared at by all, but are in reality smaller then my neutered Tom cats boobs!

There is so much more that can go wrong in life! I have read that some would rather have cancer, but if they only know the HELL that one can go through with that crap!

These big man boobs are just something that I have to learn to live with, nothing more, nothing less. Cancer is something that I NEVER WANT TO HAVE AT ALL, NOR DO I WANT TO SEE ANY OF MY KIDS OR WIFE GO THROUGH!

My Dad has it back again on his face, and this time it is a very aggressive form of cancer. He is 82 has 5 disk out in his back and it is full of arthritis! He is not sure at this point if he is going to do anything about it, and I really can't blame him.

My wife lost her first husband to cancer.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:31:44 AM by hammer »

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
All the post above are amazing highly appreciated!

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
After hearing this i need to go back to school! No bs after hearing this thanks

hammer

Here is a link to a two headed person. I cannot say if this is the one that is in the same collage as my daughter, as I have not asked her, but it may be a good chance that it is. There can't be that many around. This was forward to me by one of our fellow members, thanks gotgyne.

I owe gotgyne the link to the conjoined twins Abby and Brittany".

www(.)youtube.com/watch?v=BkKWApOAG2g&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:14:18 AM by hammer »

Offline gotgyne

This really may put things into perspective. Abby and Brittany teach us a story how life is worth living despite (or just because of) such problems.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
An update.

The grand-daughter I mentioned in March went into labor after only 21 weeks. The baby weighed in at only 13.2 ounces and was 10.2 inches long. He survived for less than 3 hours.

On the surface this may sound very tragic. In some ways it truly is tragic. But, The event has reunited some family members that had become estranged. Family members have rallied around the grieving couple and there is a great outpouring of love that could not have come from a lesser event. What started out as a tragic event has already blessed many in the family in ways they would have never expected.

Gynecomastia is an embarrassment and it can be a real challenge but it is not the end of the world. Life presents us with many challenges. Properly responded to they are opportunities to grow and improve ourselves.

We now live in an age where problems like Gynecomstia can be treated with surgery very successfully. I think that, in a way I cannot explain, I am a stronger person for having had to learn to live with it and overcome it.

Offline Anon E Mouse

• Bronze Member
Paa_Paw,

While I'm grieved for your family I too have come to know that great things can come out of great tragedy. My perspective, priorities, and maturity have grown and changed immeasurably from my youth. I'm blessed to have lived long enough to learn how ignorant I've been. I've known too many people who didn't get the opportunity. I'm a blessed man!

Anon

hammer

Paa_Paw,

While I'm grieved for your family I too have come to know that great things can come out of great tragedy. My perspective, priorities, and maturity have grown and changed immeasurably from my youth. I'm blessed to have lived long enough to learn how ignorant I've been. I've known too many people who didn't get the opportunity. I'm a blessed man!

Anon

Anon,

What you have said in your post is so true! I for one wish as I look at my children and grandchildren that I could stop them from making the stupid mistakes that the I have made. I know that my folks wanted to do the same for me, but I had to learn on my own as well. The good news is that I did as you did, learn from my ignorance and also have been able to learn the difference between a mountain and a moll hill, and also not to make a mountain out of the moll hill!

Bob

Offline skinny-s

• Posting Member
   I wish that we the old timers could lighten the load and stigma of gynecomastia of the young men.  The pain that they feel is the same pain that we had at that age and now is dulled by time.  The cruel years are the teens to the mid twenty's.  As we get older other things that happen, such as to Hammer and others have suffered, dull the stigma of gynecomastia. I can only hope the young men gain an insight of how to cope with gynecomastia.

I know this is an old thread but it needs to revived.

hammer

You're right, as we mature we find that gynecomastia becomes the least of our worries! The bumps on our chest really don't have the effects on our lives the so many other things do!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
You're right, as we mature we find that gynecomastia becomes the least of our worries! The bumps on our chest really don't have the effects on our lives the so many other things do!

Quite right, Bob.  My biggest problems with these breasts is the 5 minutes they add to chest shaving time  and it's getting worse as I lose the use of my thumbs, one of my real problems.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024