Author Topic: Need your advice please  (Read 4576 times)

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
hey everyone, I've already posted my story.  Right now I'm awaiting my 2nd consultation with a top notch PS who I researched. He was rated highest and has done many of these surgeries.  I am posting some of my pics and I would like your opinion (doctors also) on if you think surgery will be successful for my case.  I don't have an extreme case, but in my mind it sure is.  My PS said he will only have to cut me under my nipple to extract all of my breast tissue. Excision only I believe its called.  I asked about lipo but he said it would not be beneficial to me as I was not that severe a case and he can get it all from the nipple.  I guess less scarring the better right.  Let me know what you think.

PS,  I am working out and trying to get in as best shape possible before surgery.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
You'll need exicision and lipo for the best results. Guaranteed.

Offline thisischris

• Posting Member
Hey I have a similar body type as you.  I'm gonna sort my surgery out early next year.  Do it if it'll help you.  I know it will help me.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You do have gyne and I believe that both excision and lipo would work best for you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
thanks for the advice everyone.  I will be speaking with my PS in a few weeks and will ask about both excision and lip

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Thought I'd give everyone an update.

I still haven't got my appointment booked yet. Prior to my 2nd consultation I was told that my surgery was covered by medicare so I assumed it was 100%.  When I saw my PS he said the removal of the gland was covered, however I would still need to pay for the lipo and contouring. I just got an email with the costs and I only need to pay 1000 so I'm very happy about that!!

So like I said...I'm just awaiting my appointment date so I can begin counting down the days.  I do hope I can get in late winter/early spring so I can heal a bit before summer.  I'm so excited to get rid of this problem.    ;D

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Medicare? Isnt that for seniors? How did you get it covered? And what insurance do you have because I have AVMED and wondering if I can get them to cover mine.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
Medicare? Isnt that for seniors? How did you get it covered? And what insurance do you have because I have AVMED and wondering if I can get them to cover mine.

I live in Canada and Medicare is the publicly funded universal health system here.  that didn't mean that it was going to be covered.  But from seeing some of the stories on here, it is easier to get it covered in Canada.  I went to my family doctor, Endo, and finally my PS (who sent a package to Medicare along with an audio tape of his opinions) and heard back a month later that they were covering the surgery. 

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Wow thats great for you!!! The US sucks when it comes to healthcare,you guys are ahead of the game. People here die because they dont have healthcare :(

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
People don't die in the US because they don't have healthcare.  No one is turned away from an emergency room because of inability to pay.

I know there are problems with the healthcare delivery system here in the US, but Canada's system is not without its problems either.  I know this is not the forum for this type of discussion - just couldn't let that comment sit.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Certainly heartily agree with Dr. Pope.  Medical care is available at any emergency room in the US -- no questions asked.  And many people in Canada come to the US for care as well.

Dr Jacobs

Offline fyrfytr

Sorry Drs. Pope and Jacobs, and I know this really isn't the right forum, but I have to point out that people do die because they can't get healthcare here in the US.  An emergency room is only required to treat emergency situations.  If you have cancer and show up at the ER, they're not going to give you radiation treatment.

I'm certain that plenty of rich canadian people come to the US and pay out of pocket for the best healthcare money can buy, but there are also plenty of poor uninsured americans who cross the border into Canada and pretend to be Canadians to get the very basic healthcare they can't get in the U.S.  Are we really in a good place when whether you live or die is based entirely on how much you can pay (either directly or indirectly through health insurance)?

Is it really a good idea to have an insurance company who has a vested interest in reducing the cost of our healthcare decide which procedures are medically necessary?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024