Author Topic: Post op vests  (Read 1947 times)

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
i just received my euro surgical one as recommended at Mr levicks but am not that impressed by the stupid big dangling shoulder strap bits.  They will easily show right through my work shirt. :(
Did most people get that one or the Macom one that I seen donut mentioned on his thread?

Also how tight are they supposed to be,  should it be so tight it's hard to breath or just comfortable?
I have wore compression vests for 8 years to hide my chest and a medium is very tight on me but does a good job of flattening everything out.  Going off had measurements at ESS I bought a small and it doesn't feel as tight. :-/   I'm unsure of how tight I'm looking for in a vest.

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
Im going to send this one back although i like how comfy it is but those stupid shoulder things would have me very paranoid.
Ill order a small from Macom and see how that is.
Im not as worried about the op as much as i am about messing up the post op compression!  :-\

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Im going to send this one back although i like how comfy it is but those stupid shoulder things would have me very paranoid.
Ill order a small from Macom and see how that is.
Im not as worried about the op as much as i am about messing up the post op compression!  :-\

The straps should go on the inside pal, it may be inside out? I've got that vest and the extra flap bits are on the inside when I tried it on.

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
Oh!  Cheers I'll have another look before sending it back. 
How tight was yours ? This felt quite comfy, I was expecting to be jammed in really tight especially as I am trying it on with my chest as it is now.

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Yeah it felt tight but comfortable as well. That was before the operation, I haven't tried it on since though as I am still in the binder Mr Levick gives you. Ill be swapping to it next week. I spoke to Levick about whether it will be just as tight afterwards and he said it would be. I think its important to be able to breath properly in it so make sure it is comfortable.

Offline mickd

• Posting Member
i had a caromed one from the clinic
i bought a design veronique one from eurosurgical and it feels far more comfrotable and doesnt have the zip that protrudes a covering t shirt

Offline textilemerchant

• Silver Member
The straps defo flap about on top.  The Velcro is underneath so there's no other way it can go.   I realised I wasn't using the tightest hooks so tried that and it was tighter still not a patch on my underworks vest which flattens me completely out but I will assume it's good enough for post op or Mr Levick wouldn't have recommended it. 
It is comfortable though, I can't see sleeping in it being a problem.   It showing thru my work shirt will be a difficult one to explain though.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024