Author Topic: Mr S - Mr Levick 29th July 2015  (Read 13957 times)

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
This is without a doubt the most comprehensive post here. And many thanks for making me relaxed as I'm having mine with Dr Levick tomorrow 5th Aug. I've been so nervous all day at work lol but I can't wait to start a new chapter in my life...

Good luck mate, you'll be fine and it's over before you know it! Your in very good hands and the staff at the Priory are fantastic

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member

Not sure if this image link works but here goes

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member
This is without a doubt the most comprehensive post here. And many thanks for making me relaxed as I'm having mine with Dr Levick tomorrow 5th Aug. I've been so nervous all day at work lol but I can't wait to start a new chapter in my life...

ggnail - Thanks for the good feedback mate and thats one of the reasons I went into as much detail as possible about everything i.e. to make other people feel as comfortable as possible by knowing all of the facts. You will be fine so do not worry about it. Preperation is the key I reckon to these kind of things and hopefully you will be prepared after reading all of the previous posts. Best of luck for tomorrow and keep everyone updated!

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member
Charlie - Good pictures mate, bet you are glad that is now flat! For some reason, 2 of the links arent working for me. Easiest way I found to upload pictures are either scanning the originals or taking 1 picture on your phone (of the original picture) and then 'resizing' it in 'microsoft paint'. Just have to 'reduce' the picture horizontally and vertically by 20% several times until the file size is below 128kb (Microsoft paint tells you at the bottom of the window of what the actual file size is).

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
I normally use photobucket on other forums, I'll try again mate. Just signed up to  image shack so teething trouble :)

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member
Hi Mr S
I also had my surgery on 29th July. Like me I am sure you are glad that now it is done and the recovery can begin!
Tomorrow it will be 7 days post op and I can't wait to take off the binder. Isn't too bad during the day but it is certainly uncomfortable at night. I know the healing process takes time and that is well documented but there is no pain and I think patience is all that is needed. I think one of the most testing things is the inactivity.
Have you tried on the Macom vest yet? Is it more comfy than the binder?

jay-dub hows it going mate? good to hear your recovery is going well. I haven't tried the Macom vest yet, but I'm sure it wont be bad. I have actually kind of grown into the binder and got used to it now! I'm going to double up on the vest and then the binder on top for the next few days, get some more compression on there.

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member

Charlie - Cant view them directly, but I have managed to download them and view them. Definitely a load of gland in there! It feels good knowing its out right

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
Ok thanks, I'm wondering if the image link is in the wrong format? Yes it's a relief, personally I didn't think my left side was as bad but Dr Levick said I'd be surprised ! He was right! I could feel the gland on the right and it felt like it had got bigger over the last couple of years.
Managed to get the binder tighter and starting to forget it's there. Sooo lucking forward to putting the vest on and moving about !

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member
Yeah I'll try the vest but I doubt it will offer more pressure than the binder. If thats the case, I'll have a shower and continue with the binder until next Monday which is when I return to work. I'll switch to the vest in the day times and when I come back in the evenings, I'll switch to the binder. for a few more weeks. I just want to make sure that I do everything possible to ensure there are no issues.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:04:04 PM by Mr S »

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Cheers Charlie & Mr S. At the priory now waiting. Nerves still there but also excited ;-)

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member
Cheers Charlie & Mr S. At the priory now waiting. Nerves still there but also excited ;-)

Yeah dont worry mate, make sure you keep your mind occupied and turn on the tv and try and relax.

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
All be over soon mate, just relax. I actually enjoyed the rest just lying there! You'll be fine :)

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member
I was thinking about taking a shower a day earlier, but after going out for a drive today when going over pot holes it still hurt my chest! So I thought I'd better not risk it and will maintain the binder for another day. Will take a shower tomorrow (7 day mark) and then get the binder back on for a few more days I reckon while I can.

How are you feeling today Charlie?

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
Hi mate, well I'll be a week since the op tomorrow and really looking forward to a bath/shower. I'm still a little nervous as to what I'll find as I can see a bit of fluid when I peek down from the top. I have more movement each day and finding the binder restrictive, this is probably a good thing .
The cuts under my arms have healed well with no discharge, I really didn't move for the first three days.
Bruising wise I seem to be ok, just some yellowing around the armpits and nipple :) 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024