Author Topic: Mr S - Mr Levick 29th July 2015  (Read 13940 times)

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
I'm officially on the other side. The cold fluid being injected is indeed what you last remember. Mr Levick is brilliant and the staff are really warm too... so is the Salmon dinner ;-)

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
Good stuff mate, how you finding the leg pumps ?!

Offline Mr S

• Posting Member
I'm officially on the other side. The cold fluid being injected is indeed what you last remember. Mr Levick is brilliant and the staff are really warm too... so is the Salmon dinner ;-)

Good to hear all is well mate, congratulations, keep us posted.

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Yea the leg pumps arrrgggghh. They keep waking me up. Lol. In all, no pain, just bit sore especially with the binder cutting into armpits. Asked for some pillows to keep arms slightly raised 

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
I thought it was the binder under my arms causing the discomfort at night, it turned out to be the tape holding the dressing down . It was pulling on my skin, it might be that mate 

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
I think you might be right. I did get some sleep though, was afraid u wouldn't with the leg pumps. In also very sore so I've been given extra painkillers. Can't wait to see burger shots 

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Before pics. Had to crop so much. 

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
I think he said your arms are outstretched when then stick the tape on, so when they fold bad towards your side the tape gathers up and makes it uncomfortable. It felt so better once they changed that for me. Might be worth them taking a look mate. It's quite a shock seeing the burger shots, I was like ' that's come from me!? ' lol 

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
I'm back home and yes shock at the burger shots. Right now, sore all over. Mr Levick checked this morning and I had fluid buildup already :(. He said it will go down but I'm bit worried now as I can feel some fluid wobble even when I touch chest area above binder

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Stats: LF: 100, RF: 100, LG: 150, RG: 175

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
I have 2 small folds above the binder on each side mate.  The binder is high up and tight so it makes your skin sort of hang over in the corners. From what I've read this is normal and it should flatten back out over time. I have heard back from Dr Levick this evening regarding my 1st week post op pics. He said to continue with compression and not to worry too much about the fluid just double up with the binder/vest combo at nights if it persists.
Just rest now mate and try and do nothing for a couple of days, I'm feeling a lot better today. I've been taking 1 a day vitamin C and Zinc ( dissolvable type) and arnica. He was pleased with my healing so far :)

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Ok thanks mate. I have to get some vit C. Taking arnica too. Just feel rough. Most here say they don't experience pin but I think you do feel beaten up lol

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
Yes I'm with you on that mate, I was really sore for the first couple of days. These are the ones I take 
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-effervescent-vitamin-c-and-zinc-tablets-60005433

Offline ggnail

• Posting Member
Thanks. I'll get these ASAP! I'm also worried about a crater developing. I run my hands over the binder and can feel a valley/crater on both sides. Maybe the binder is too tight?

Offline Charlie33

• Bronze Member
I also have a small indent on the side that was the biggest gland, it's early days mate. Try and not worry, just keep the binder tight and rest. I normally sleep on my side so I've missed that the most!
I've just tried to eat healthy , plenty of fruit and veg over the last week.
It will be fine mate, keep us posted . We're all in the same boat :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024