Author Topic: Nurein  (Read 19369 times)

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
Hello,
I had both lipo and gland removal. Today is day 6 and other than the vest being annoying I am ok. A little tender but fine. I will remove the dressings on my nipples today. I hope not to be grossed out. I have changed the dressing once before and they look still 'raw'. They should be healing now I guess! Fun fact, my nips were slightly oval before now are kind of round.

Offline Waybackwhen

• Posting Member
How’s it going Rob?, I’m booked in for the 7th Feb  :)

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
That's great. So far so good. I am still a bit bruised but I am ok.
I was told I am still a bit swollen but even if it was going to stay as it is now it would be a major improvement.
How did the consultation go?

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
I removed my compression vest today as suggested by the doctor and I feel weird. A bit vulnerable tbh. I think I will put it back for a bit longer.

Offline Ozorris

• Posting Member
I kept mine on for 4 weeks constant. Then this week is my 5th week. So I've been keeping it on for 12hrs at night.

I felt the same after two weeks. Was still sore and tender. 

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
Yes also tender and my nipples are super sensitive. Other than that healing quite nicely.

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
Hello, just a quick update from me.
I am not sure whether or not people are interested but I always found people sharing their experience very useful so I want to give back a bit.
It has been a month now and I am in no pain at all. Nipples feel a bit sensitive and I can feel them kind of bouncing when walking. I decided to keep my vest on for longer as it is simply more comfortable than being without. I will try to increase the time I am not wearing a vest as I have the feeling that is just a matter of getting used again to the fact that clothes do rub against nipples! :-) It is also a bit psychological I guess!
My nipples look a bit wonky but I think is still early days. Not freaky though. I assume they will improve but even if there were to stay as they are it wouldn't be a major issue.
I am not completely flat but the doctor said it is still early days. I look fine with t shirts though so it is definitely a major improvement. I think I am still very slightly swollen!
The scars are still visible but they are quite small and I assume they will improve with time.
While I am now 4k poorer I think it was good that I went for it. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and I have little bursts of happiness! :-) It is also cool to do stuff that I was not able to do before like shopping online without having to worry about too much or simply wearing a t shirt rather than an heavy Oxford shirt to disguise my chest!
This is all from me, if anyone has any question I would be happy to answer them.

Offline Waybackwhen

• Posting Member
That’s great , looking forward to Summer???😊

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
Kind of! :-)

Offline Waybackwhen

• Posting Member
I’m 9 days post OP now, had gland and lipo on the 7th Feb:)

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member

Brilliant. How was that?

Offline Waybackwhen

• Posting Member

Brilliant. How was that?
The procedure went fine, and the Dr and his team were great. My bruising is reducing quite quickly, still have some swelling. Huge positive difference in my chest and I can’t wait to see the end results. Looking forward to getting back to the gym. I’m back with the dr on Thursday. Can’t wait to get rid of the vest too!, hows your recovery going?

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
My chest is a little flabby unless I stand very straight. Huge improvement though. I think if I work out a little it should improve. I am happy with it. I am very happy I have done it.

Offline KJ

• Posting Member
Are you allowed to take pictures of the glad that's been removed?  Also, how far is the clinic from the underground, would you be okay to walk after surgery...I don't have anyone to take me so would travel alone all the way from the outskirts of London and have concerns about the train journey home...

Offline Waybackwhen

• Posting Member
Are you allowed to take pictures of the glad that's been removed?  Also, how far is the clinic from the underground, would you be okay to walk after surgery...I don't have anyone to take me so would travel alone all the way from the outskirts of London and have concerns about the train journey home...
You can see the glands afterwards I’m not sure if you could take a picture, I didn’t really give it any thought as I never wanted to see them again 😊, I had my surgery in Sheffield, I walked fine afterwards. Happy to answer any questions you or anyone has. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024