Author Topic: New Risk FActor  (Read 521 times)

Offline kbill2

• Posting Member
Just saw this article posted and thought I would share it.  This was totally news to me.  Sorry to be a downer.  Think I'll start eating more ice cream.

https://studyfinds.org/man-boobs-warning-early-death/

Online WPW717

• Silver Member
‘Interestingly, neurological diseases were linked to a 29-percent lower risk’

From the article… I guess that worry should go on the back burner since I got the brain tumor diagnosis. Got to say it is nice to have a diagnosis that is not idiopathic . Mystery of 2 years finally solved, adds to my already existing joyful life. Grateful for every day
Thank you for sharing this story.

Regards, Bob

Offline Dmajman

• Posting Member
But on the positive side, maybe this will bring more attention to our ‘condition’ and some of the things that may be contributing to our health in general. My recent bloodwork is getting in the pre diabetes range so I am considering trying the carnivore diet. 

Offline blad

Fortunately wearing a bra reduces your risk.

Is puberty onset gyno idiopathic? 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Online WPW717

• Silver Member
Don’t think so… usually an imbalance of T vs E ratio and many resolve with time. However what you grow after a while sticks with you. Short time in imbalance can result in a normal chest

Offline Johndoe1

A few years back I was on a doctor supervised weight loss program, and the NP had an extended conversation with me about my chest, including bra wearing. She thought I would lose substantial breast volume as some women do but after a 100 lb loss, I only changed one cup size in volume while dropping 6 band sizes. She finally admitted surgery was my only option to reduce my size.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
A few years back I was on a doctor supervised weight loss program, and the NP had an extended conversation with me about my chest, including bra wearing. She thought I would lose substantial breast volume as some women do but after a 100 lb loss, I only changed one cup size in volume while dropping 6 band sizes. She finally admitted surgery was my only option to reduce my size.
I'm on a doctor supervised weight loss program and I increased a cup size while going down two band sizes. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

I take it with a mighty small grain of salt. 

These articles are typically biased in some respects, and moreover, how did one determine this to be studied in the first place. 

Being someone who disassembles situations on a regular basis, the article has alot of hidden conflicting data. 

IMO, its a hit piece by an A-male type who doesn't like men with boobs. 

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Made me smile.  I feel it may have brought a little fresh awareness to the issue but lacked much needed scientific backup.  At least didn't provide enough for me.   I feel ones death age has so many variables that I can't believe there can be a direct correlation made.
I have told many I intend to prove science wrong and live a long time just to irritate a few.

Offline gotgyne

If it's not the heat or the cold or a virus it's the 'man boobs' as a sign to worry. Of course is severe overweight a factor for an earlier death. But it has nothing to do with gynecomastia per se, since here are many men who are not overweight. So don't worry about all this sh.t from the so-called 'experts'.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
This study made me laugh. I work out all the time and have a BMI score of 24.7. 
So because I have boobs I’m going to die sooner?🤣🤣🤣
So having low T and estrogen taking over is a death sentence.....ok
Women are full of estrogen and live longer then men.

Offline blad

The abstract of the study presented in the link is short on specifics. It does not differentiate on weight as a factor in gyno development for one, which in itself is implicated in higher rates of morbidity. It is also unclear on the differences of early onset vs mid or late life onset.

Offline kbill2

• Posting Member
Thanks to all who rang in on this article.  I had hoped it might stimulate some conversation and I am not disappointed in the slightest.  Apologies to any irritated that this may be fake (political or otherwise) science.  Maybe I sensed some heightened desire to share as I'm within the 3-year window of the age cited.  

While the study certainly has its limitation, I hope that with these findings, some further study will be done to look for the cause behind the statistics.  Maybe even find a medical solution to gynecomastia in addition to surgical options that will benefit those that will have to deal with unwanted boobs in future generations.

Bill

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024