Author Topic: For those of you who had surgery - How has it affected you?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline nobug

• Posting Member
So,

I know this is sort of obvious and everyone's seen the posts of people being ecstatic post-surgery, but all the posts are kind of scattered throughout user diaries/surgery experiences and all that.  There are 250 posts in Surgery Success Stories and there are 1010 posts in Revision Surgery...  I get that people leave the site when they are ultimately satisfied with their results, but still, I figure this might be a nice, singular, place to put how the surgery's changed your life for those of you post-surgery who are still here.

For those of us who are considering getting the surgery, I think this will be a good place to see what difference it made in other people who had the same problem as us. 

Or maybe I'm being redundant, I don't know!

Post away!

Offline just about there

Im new to the site, always looked on here but never posted much, but I finally had my surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago and want to try helping by letting you know my real life results. Keep in mind I just had surgery and I am in the middle of something completely new to me having never had surgery before. So I didn't have an extreme case, I had what id say a "medium" case of gyne, I had gland and fat removed. Yes I was happy the first day when I got home and looked in the mirror, theres a difference the first time u see yourself. As the days went on, I wasn't healing as fast as my Dr told me I would, and there was still more pain than expected. I decided to call my dr, this was a week and a half after surgery, I saw him that day, he said it was normal and I went on home. My luck, the swelling got more and more and there seems to be fluid buildup right now under one side of my chest. I called again just yesterday explaining to the lady that talks to the doctor what issues I had this time, and I had a reply like 'yea he already came in saying he had a problem just like this, tell him to take ibuprofen and i'll see him in 2 weeks'.. Kinda crappy treatment after spending the money and waiting 6 years for this surgery, in my opinion.. But to sum things up, i am more than happy with my results of getting the flat chest and I think it will look even better as I begin exercising again. I am not meaning to sound negative or bad toward any Dr, Personally, I would suggest getting the surgery if you have gyne, but make sure you call around, see more than a few doctors, and tell them exactly what your wanting/expecting. I picked the 4th Dr I saw because I felt he knew his "stuff" better than others and he explained everything well.  Good luck with everything.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024