Author Topic: Has anyone with grade 2B or grade 3 gyno had surgery? What was your experience?  (Read 1395 times)

Offline horazon

Hi all,

I am new here.

I am a 30yr old guy from Missouri.

In a nutshell, I was morbidly obese in my formative years unfortunately - between 13-25+.

It wasn't until 27 that I finally began to lose weight - went from 6ft 380+lbs to 220.

Long before I got that heavy though, I had gyno as a child. Like many mentioned, it completely changed my lifestyle in many ways.

Needless to say, after dropping the weight, I was left with a lot of loose skin, including what I think to be some in the chest/arm area.

And the gyno clearly did not go away.

Looking at the images on the home page, it would appear I have something like grade 2B or 3, which after light reading online seems may be more difficult to treat.

I was curious to see if anyone here was in a similar situation and got surgery, and what that was like in terms of recovery and results.

Also, would love any other general tips - I am pretty bad about flying anywhere, so if there are good resources for finding the best surgeon in Missouri I would appreciate that.

With the other loose skin, I am not really looking for perfection in the chest - just getting rid of the gyno and loose skin in that area.

Thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Without any posted photos, it is difficult to comment on your specific situation.  However, from your description, you have lost a huge amount of weight.  Patients who have lost this amount of weight are oftentimes dealing with loose, hanging breasts and tissues of the entire chest, which frequently extends around the side of the chest towards the back.  Often, there is loose hanging skin of the arms as well.  Should this be your situation, then you would probably need to seek a plastic surgeon with expertise in "upper body lifts."  Your residual gynecomastia would always be included in this type of surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024