Author Topic: Excision under local anaesthesia...  (Read 5834 times)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
I went to a doctor. I told that I had been lipo'd 3 times already. He told me he will take out the glands under local anaesthesia and no more lipo.

I haven't been under local anaethesia. In all of my operations, I was put to sleep. Sounds scary for me... Anybody experience excision under local anaethesia?  ???
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
er its cool, they poke a needle into your hand, I can still see the hole, into the vein on ur hand, then u`ll feel a pain in ur wrist, the ur gone.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
actually, I already have the money for my operation. But I still hesitate to go because of local anaesthesia. I think I dont have the courage yet...  :-[

I am afraid that I may feel pain during operation and hear the cutting instruments of the doctor  >:(

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I don't know how it would be with local, but I assume that you'd feel a pull and tug here and there, but no real pain.  The local anesthetic disables the nerves in the area being worked on, so that they are unable to send pain messages.  You'll hear the surgeon ask for different instruments and give instructions to his assistants, and the surgeon is likely to tell you what he's doing at times. 

I'm basing the above on my experience with local anesthesia during my vasectomy 7 years ago.  That was in an area I consider way more sensitive than my chest. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Adam Ocean

• Posting Member
I had my operation done with local anesthetic and also excision....it's pretty uncomfortable at first when they numb you, but once you numb, you feel slight pulls and tugs, probably the worst part was knowing what was happening, and the occasional drip onto non numbed areas...its easy though, im satisfied with my operation but there is a bit of a symetry, so im goin under the knife again this Dec...not so worried though...

Hope that helped..

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
i decided to go under local anaesthesia. im scared because its my first time to go under local. anyway, I know that the most important thing is not to feel the pain at all.  ;) ;) ;)

Offline gyne35

• Posting Member
Did you ask if general was an option?  That is really the only way to fly.  I'm planning to go completely under when I get mine done.  I have enough memories associated with the boobs.  I think going to sleep with them and waking up without will be fine with me.

I've had a couple of things done under local, and really, that is about it...a push here, tug there, some pressure, but nothing that would make you cringe or say "ouch", so I'm sure you could get by with it pain wise.

Offline BigLouJr

• Silver Member
I had a total of 5 surgeries, all for gyno. The first 4 were all under general anesthesia. After it, I always felt sick and ill, I was unable to walk a lot, eat a lot, and a lot of nausea. Those 4 surgeries included excision, lipo, and excision and lipo. However, the last surgery was the perfect last since all of the glands were removed ( see the pictures on the other forums) and I had a big case. This last surgery was done under local anesthesia.

The only pain you'll ever feel is the first injection of the analgesic compound in your chest, after that is just plain funny to see the surgery. I mean, it is a little gross since you can see how they cut you, remove the glands, do the lipo and you will not feel a thing. You should have a strong stomach or be able to handle the observation. After the surgery, I felt like nothing ever happened to me. No pain (did not need heavy medication for it), no nausea, was able to walk and eat whenever I wanted. Now, it has been 4 days and I feel great. Just the area tickles a lot but it has to do with the cells healing in the area that creates that sensation.

Go for the local, and you will feel better. The surgeon explained that general anesthesia is too much for the body since it lowers all of your vital organs (heart rate, respiratory, circulation, blood pressure, body functions, etc.) and that is why you feel so bad after it. They put a tube down your throat so they can revive you in case you go to the dark side which is very common under general and not local.

Local anesthesia is just applied to the area, preventing the nerves from doind their job in feeling sensations. It does affect your vital signs and your brain. No chance of going to the dark side.

I prefer local whenever it can be use. For certain surgeries, only general anesthesia can be use since it involves major organs of the body or areas very sensative to create complications.

Offline KE25

• Posting Member
actually, I already have the money for my operation. But I still hesitate to go because of local anaesthesia. I think I dont have the courage yet...  :-[

I am afraid that I may feel pain during operation and hear the cutting instruments of the doctor  >:(

Interesting. I personally will only see a physician who does in in local anesthesia. I am way more scared of general anesthesia. And I am a healthcare professional. Not that I think that general anesthesia is overly dangerous, but I don't like the loss of control and the side effects. Pain should not be an issue under local anesthesia and you can always tell them if it hurts and they will give you more.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
thanks for the encouragement :D i think im ready now :) and i am really excited. after 3 lipo surgeries, i hope this will be my last... :)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
I just went home from surgery and local anaesthesia is a fantastic experience :D :D :D

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I just went home from surgery and local anaesthesia is a fantastic experience :D :D :D

Glad you had such a positive experience, and congrats on the surgery!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024