Author Topic: Pseudo Gyno, True gyno or just chest fat??  (Read 8133 times)

Offline wowlolcoolbbq

• Posting Member
Sorry First post was on the wrong section! but hopefully this is the right one!
Hi all!! this is my first post here and would really like your help with something. I know enough about gyno and just recently I have kind of been 'examining my chest' since im trying to start a new diet and weight lift plans. So first of all im a 23 yr old male, 5''11 weigh 191 lbs and I was wondering if these pics of my chest could be gyno or just chest fat? Everyone online keeps saying disks and what not under the nipple to determine if its gyno or not but I don't feel any disks but i feel like small tiny bumps (maybe size of rice or bigger?) that are uniform around my chest much like my belly fat. Does fat feel bumpy? or does there have to be COMPLETELY nothing under neat the nipple? And people online keep saying "You will KNOW if you have gyno because it will be sore and hard like a rock". Does the lump have to be directly under the nipple should i be able to grab it underneath? I hear that if your man boobs are kind of cone shaped from nipple area then you have gyno?  Also, i've been fidgeting with it abit and probably why its kind of swollen now but I don't feel any soreness, or itching. Just wanted to know you guys opinion! thank you very much!!! 

Offline wowlolcoolbbq

• Posting Member

Offline wowlolcoolbbq

• Posting Member

Offline wowlolcoolbbq

• Posting Member

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
In my opinion chest fat, you will never know until you try to lose weight though..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
My friend, you are going about this the wrong way.
You do not diagnose gynecomastia by feeling your chest.  Do you think that your hands can discern the difference between breast tissue and fat?  My hands can't do that, and I am a physician and have examined thousands of male chests.
The diagnosis of gynecomastia is mainly visual -- if you have excess tissue (of any kind, fat or breast tissue), then you have gyne.
May I suggest you read some of my writing on this subject?  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=27922.msg191037#new
Hope this helps.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline wowlolcoolbbq

• Posting Member
Thank you for your response Dr. Jacobs. I was reading your article and when you said "in some cases, one can get an idea about breast tissue directly under the areola.  If you lay down flat and then look at your chest, sometimes the areolas will protrude above the surrounding skin.  That is definitely breast tissue." With this being said, do you mean with your arm behind your head or just laying down with arms on the side? cause I heard when you lay down flat and arms behind head you can see what glandular tissue feels like compared to fat since glandular tissue sits below areola 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you lie on your back and place your hands behind or below your head, you are in essence putting the skin on tension.  One can sometimes visualize the excess tissue in this way -- but it does not provide a clue as to what type of tissue this is, fat or gland.  And it certainly does not provide a diagnosis if you feel the tissue, because gland can feel soft and fat can feel firm.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024