Author Topic: Shapewear  (Read 5623 times)

Offline Busty

Sometimes I wonder if we are more prone to gaining weight, more fat, less muscle than the typical male.  I was looking for something that might help me look better with that.  The lady at the small bra boutique I sometimes go to asked if I had tried shapewear.  She said you already wear a bra, so no big deal if a shaper, too, right?  She showed me this Rago which she called a high waist panty girdle.

I think it trims my waist, flattens my stomach and makes me seem more toned.  I have to confess it takes some getting used to.  But I found my clothes fit and look better.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I also think that it looks good. Let's face it, there are probably not many 'male' foundation garments around to cater for such curves. Similar to a bra, if it suits your shape and you get a benefit out of it, go for it!

Rago is famous for its retro styled shapewear. Have you considerd their all-in-ones? Nothing says you have to attach stockings though!
Rago 9057 Body Briefer Extra Firm Shaping | White Body Shaper – American Shapewear (ragoshapewear.com)

Offline Busty

Oh, I like that all-in-one. I will have to try it. The shaper I am wearing in the picture comes right up to the bottom of my bra, but it would be nice to have it all one piece. 

I tried the men’s shapewear, both tops and bottoms, but they just didn’t seem to fit right or work for me. The tops were more like compression vests.  And the bottoms did not come to the base of my bra, so I was getting muffin top.   

aboywithgirls

Absolutely the right choice and good for you to realize that your body has feminine curves that definitely benefits wearing shape wear. I ad worn full torso shapewear for years prior to transitioning.

Sophie

Offline 42CSurprise!

It makes perfect sense that the hormones that create our breasts would affect the rest of our bodies.  Some of us have lost hair on arms and legs and definitely there is both a softening and rounding of our bodies.  The men here who choose to wear brassieres clearly have made peace with those changes.  Taking a further step into other undergarments or even outer garments doesn't seem out of the question.  Reading reviews by men at Her Room suggests every item of intimate wear worn by women has enthusiasts among men and not all of them are transvestites.  Yes, there is a fetishistic element in all of this, but where's the harm in that?  There is nothing wrong with enjoying how we look in garments that are often designed to be appealing.  And who would argue that these garments are not only appealing to the eye but also to the touch?  Personally, I'm enjoying this ride.  It appears you are as well.  Good for you!

aboywithgirls

I totally agree with 42C!

As a woman, shape wear is part of my daily wardrobe at work. I mostly wear a W.Y.O.B. or wear your own bra style because it's difficult to find decent shapewear that fits a 36H-36J bust. Since puberty, I have had a feminine figure which is why I have been wearing a bra and panties since I was sixteen.

Time takes its toll on all of us. I typically wear a skirt suit or occasionally a dress every day for work. I want to look my best and shapewear helps reduce the unwanted bumps or rolls a moves it to a better location.

A feminine figure is a feminine figure regardless of what's between your legs. Whether male or female, it is still just clothing. Wear what fits, makes you feel better, and especially what works best for your body and soul.

🤗🥰🤗🥰

Sophie

Offline SideSet

I agree.  Wear what fits.  And if you have a body shape more like a woman, then bras, and this case, women’s  shapewear, will most likely fit best.  You will feel and look better.  

Confused old man

I agree, that shapewear looks good on you. There are a lot of men that wear shapewear at the gym. Mostly middle age to seniors. Keeps the jiggle down I suppose..lol. I have no idea if it’s men’s or women’s. But over the years I have seen more and more wear shapewear. As I recall in years past spandex was a big seller for men’s shapewear.

Confused old man

I mean spanx 

Offline Busty

The first shapewear I tried was Spanx.  Men’s, sort of like boxers and undershirt.  Did not work for me at all. The fit was bad for me, too tight in some places, but too loose in others. 

I returned them to the Spanx store where I bought them.  The sales associate at the cash register doing the return said she wished she had been there when I bought the shapers, as she would have advised me against them.  She said, although they were good shapers, they would not work at all with my “figure.“ I was struck by her using that word.   She asked if I would like her to show me some things she thought might work better for me.

Offline SideSet

What did she show you?

Offline Busty

Even though she said “figure,”  I was expecting her to show me some different men’s shapers when she came from behind the checkout counter.   But then, as she led me to the clothing display racks,  she asked me what size bra I was wearing 😉

aboywithgirls

I remember my first time getting fitted at one of my boutiques that I still shop at. I was presenting male. She asked "are those the breast forms that you are going to be wearing for the fitting?" I told her no, they're real.

Offline Busty

ABWG, What did she say then?

My sales associate assumed mine were real. And she was right! 

Offline Busty

Heading us toward the display racks, the sales associate at Spanx asked me what size bra I had on, as she walked right past the men’s shapewear, not even glancing at them. 

I then realized she had been saying she would have advised me against trying any men’s shapers, but thought women’s shapewear would work better for me. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024