Author Topic: band aids  (Read 2345 times)

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
I got those silicon sheets and the only way they stay on his if i put like 3 or 4 band aids around them...if i leave them on to long..it there anyway a bandaid can cause a scar or permanant discoloration...maybe dumb to think that but i read on this board that some people got scars from tape and when i take the bad aids off after a day it discolors my skin for a little while...

also, has anyone here heard of these silicone sheets of actually working?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Im not sure what you are talking about. Band aids working to do what?

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
the silicone sheets i have for my scars do not stay on.. so i put band-aids on it to keep it in place..just wondering if that it bad for my skin

Offline bluedragonph

• Posting Member
Hi! My experience with my post-op is that any adhesive that sticks to the body too long can cause blisters. I have several blisters now in the area where I had to tape the gauze protecting my wounds. I guess band aids can also cause blisters. Just put minimal tapes/band aids if it's possible. If you will be putting on a compression vest then you need just a couple of band aids to keep the sheets on.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Even the mildest forms of tape can cause scars if used to excess in some people.

Your Question should be addressed to your surgeon.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024