Author Topic: Anyone in the military...  (Read 2128 times)

Offline ski45

...and want or have already had the surgery? I am 28 years old and have been in the military for 7 years. I'm planning on talking to the military doctor in a week, but I'm looking for some other precedence I can refer to.

I'd like the surgery, and Id like the military to pay for it.

BTW, Im new here. This is a great site, and I look forward to taking part in your discussions. Thanks!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I was a USAF medic (not a Doctor),  But that was over 4 decades ago.

Medical students often get loans from the government to help with their tuition etc.  Sometimes they are able to discharge those loans by serving in the military.   These are not interns, but fully accredited and board certified in a wide array of specialties.  

The comparatively new specialty of Cosmetic Surgery had its roots in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the past.  Many of the advances in that area were worked out in Military Hospitals dealing with combat casualties.

Your Military Doctor may be short of the many years experience that you might find in another Doctor.  On the other hand, You would have the benefit of the latest technologies and training.  I think that is a fair trade.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024