Author Topic: Post op period feels worse than pre op at times!  (Read 2663 times)

Banobo

Well it's 12 days after i had surgery and things are changing so much. I can't help but get worried when i look at my new chest and see things looking puffy, almost like it was before. I try hard to remind myself it's very early days but my left nipple looks puffy again. It's not sore and i feel my mind is trying to tell me maybe there's gland still in there. My right nipple is very flat but also i can't help but feel something's not right, it seems quite sunk in if i tense ever so slighty.
What i wanted to ask some of you guys who have been through this before is, i see my surgeon today and wondered if i should bring these things to his attention or should i give it time before i start doubting his work? I don't want to come across to him that i i'm unhappy because it is far better than it was but i've went through a lot to save up for this and is it so wrong to expect things to be right?
I know it is way early to tell my i have this gut feeling, down the line i'm gonna need a touch  up and what if he doesn't feel the same way. Anyway i'm just ranting my over active thoughts in here, if anyone has any advice or opinions i'd be grateful to hear from you. I'll post some progress pics into this thread later once i'm back and see what you's think, sometimes photo's don't show what the eye does but i'll do it anyway.

Sorry if i come across as being a moaning little bleep. Tense times!

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
It will be easier to comment on how you're feeling when we see how you look. Keep in mind, it's still VERY early and you must be patient and let your body heal.

Banobo

I agree, i've posted some pics in some of my other threads but now i have dressings off things look different. Once i'm back from the hospital i will take some photo's with a better camera so people can give an opinion. I know it's very early days but i'll take a pic at the agle of where i'm most conserned. Thanks for your comment and i'll get back to you asap.

Banobo

Right i'm back from the hospital and i was told it was just an appointment to change the dressings. Here are the photo's i said i'd post. Strangely enough it doesn't look so bad by photo but they are puffy. If maybe you can see also how my right nipple seems a bit off from the shape of my chest. Anyway i'll post them here you go please comment guys.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I see what you mean about your left looking puffier than your right. Before I go on, I do want to say that you do look great, and most guys on this forum would take your chest the way it looks now in a heartbeat. That being said, you've gone through alot and I'm sure you want it to look as good as possible. I'm not a professional, but I would venture to guess that someone as slim as you would outwardly manifest scar tissue much more than someone heavier just by virtue of how taughtly your skin adheres to your frame. It is to be expected to develop scar tissue after this surgery. I began feeling my scar tissue within 2 days of my surgery. I could also feel that the scarring was heavier on my left than on my right and as a result my left side was and still is slightly bigger than my right. While it's not as bad as it was at the beginning, my scar tissue is still present today, 3 months post-op. I've been told, and I've reconciled myself psychologically with the idea that it can remain for up to a year post-op. I'm ok with that now. I do want to emphasize, though, that you have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about with your chest, even as it is right now. So, let yourself heal and enjoy yourself!

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I have just used the Hubble Space Telescope and can see there is something very very small there!!  ;D ;)

Really fella your just fine and worrying about nothing, your chest looks excellent and I think when you say "Strangely enough it doesn't look so bad by photo " you hit the nail on the head.....a lot of this is in your mind and even if its not and you can see some very small disturbance it is to be expected.

Look again in 6 months time and then in a year....looking and worrying right now is doing yourself no favours so soon after your operation!

God I hope I look as good as you do after my op!!
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Banobo

Hi guys i just wanna say that the reasurance has really helped. I think i got myself into a panic over it all as it kind of consumes your thoughts a fair bit as you heal. Couple of days ago i was thinking to myself that this can't be right i was so trouble free without pain or loss of movement and that it looked so good. Think i jumped the gun a little and your right i have to expect change and a bit of swelling. I'm realising also that gyne is really a mental thing aswell.

I bought some bio oil aswell do you think it's too early to massage that on my chest?

I really do think that the like minded people who post on this site are of huge value and thanks once again for all the input. I'll keep you's informed on how things are going!

Offline Mangina

• Posting Member
Man, everything looks really good Sir.

You will go through stages with this as I have seen in my own progress.

Some days you will feel like it's getting bigger again, some days it will be skin tight.  Just be patient.  I'm just now 2 months and 3 days (to be exact) post-op.  I see these fluctuating changes on a daily basis.  Like everyone else will say give it time.  I'm like you as well as wanting the 6 months to be down the road already and everything back to normal.

Are you still wearing your compression vest?  I STILL wear mine, and will continue to daily, for the next 2 months or so.  I think this has really helped me out with keeping the skin as tight as I can while healing.

Banobo

Thanks man. I've read so often on this site about the constant changes as your healing and i really thought i wouldn't be so impatiant as this lol. Yep i wear the vest day in day out, it's not so bad and anything that can aid healing and end results i'm quite happy to do.  I had thought 2 months would be enough but do you think it's worthwhile wearing it a bit longer?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024