Author Topic: possible ways of reducing gyno? any input?  (Read 6309 times)

Offline rob2343

• Posting Member
So I was researching and I was reading a few things about ways to maybe reduce one's gyno. One of them was taking Resveratrol and another one was to take Curcumin. These possibly could reduce the gyno or puffy nipples. I also read about the effects of castor oil and applying it to the chest may reduce the gyno. Is any of this true? I'm sure it won't work for the severe cases but maybe for mild gyno or puffy nips.

Ps:  all of these can be bought at pretty much any health food store.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

hammer

So I was researching and I was reading a few things about ways to maybe reduce one's gyno. One of them was taking Resveratrol and another one was to take Curcumin. These possibly could reduce the gyno or puffy nipples. I also read about the effects of castor oil and applying it to the chest may reduce the gyno. Is any of this true? I'm sure it won't work for the severe cases but maybe for mild gyno or puffy nips.

Ps:  all of these can be bought at pretty much any health food store.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not sure what Curcumin is but Resveratrol, if that is what I think it is, it is spelled wrong causes gyne, unless that is spelled right, then I've never heard of it. However, from what I've heard through the years that the over the counter, or "snake" oil treatments are not only a waist of time, but money!

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Only way is surgery unfortunately.  :-\

hammer

Yes and it is very expensive. If you are looking into surgery be sure to do your home work on the surgeons that you are considering. Don't let cost be your deciding factor, your final outcome is at stake so you want someone with experience so you don't have regrets afterwards.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
To the best of my knowledge, once gyne is established, there are no known treatments (drugs or OTC meds) which can reverse it.

In the rare circumstance that one notices gyne forming in the early stages (ie early puberty), it is theoretically possible that an anti-estrogen or estrogen blocking drug might be of help. Body builders who are taking anabolic steroids are aware of the possibility of developing gyne ("bitch breasts") and oftentimes try to adjust their cycles or take anti estrogens meds at the same time -- this is not always successful.

I personally believe that gyne is a combination of hormone stimulation as well as genetic pre-disposition.  This could support my observation that gyne frequently runs in male members of a family.

I had an interesting patient some years ago.  A young boy with pubertal gyne.  His father was a pediatric endocrinologist -- the very ideal person to observe and treat early gyne.  The father noted his young son's gyne very early -- and immediately started to do endocrine studies to evaluate his hormones.  Interestingly, all his hormones remained in balance throughout his puberty, despite the growth and eventual stabilization of his gyne.

To me, this observation, even though it is anecdotal, seems to indicate that "hormone imbalance" alone is not the sole cause of gyne in a young man.

Of course, there are many other causes of gyne, such as side effects of OTC supplements and prescribed drugs, elevated prolactin secondary to a prolactinoma (a benign tumor of the pituitary gland in the brain), etc.  These possible causes should be considered because withdrawal or treatment or substitution of medications may be of help -- although usually the gyne that resulted from them does not diminish and surgery is generally required.

Bottom line:  don't waste your money on magical drugs which promise regression of your gyne.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dave92

• Posting Member
I think you already know its risky to try things like that. Take it from the countless people that have tried them - there isnt anything that can magically target breast tissue.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you can get the herbs cheaply enough, go for it.  They will not hurt anything but there is no reliable evidence that they will work either.

Most of the herbal products are sold by people who claim to have a secret formula and Of course their products are not cheap. Their claims are supported by anecdotes.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024