Author Topic: Was it all in my head?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Hlodlo

• Posting Member
So I've been under the impression that I've had a mild form of gynecomastia for about 4 years now. It started when I went through puberty at around 13-14 and noticed that my chest area was softer and stood out a bit through tight t-shirts etc mainly the nipples that is. To be fair I had stopped playing soccer after being a really active kid and running all day & being thin as a toothpick so I naturally gained some weight not to the point of being overweight or obese but more on the chubbier side of the spectrum than the stick side :) I finally started searching around gynecomastia treatment when I was 16, during that period I had been through times of long distance running for fun sake but also for minimizing the gyno and my current period of heavy weight training / lean bulking and now I've been to my GP who frankly did not have a clue of what gynecomastia is, she felt on my upper pecs and just said '' there is no tissue there, that is just muscle. Nothing is wrong with it.'' I got discouraged and searched for other options, I went to a private clinic that's famous in my country for excellent work on plastic surgery. My consultation was with two surgeons one of whom is the owner of the plastic surgery hospital. They both claimed that there's nothing wrong with my chest and that I should stop pushing in my shoulders lol ;) to hide the gyno. They refused to operate on me and claimed that any surgeon that's willing to operate on me is unserious with their profession. That should sound like good news, right? To met it was like a bomb drop, I can't seem to get my head around it. If I don't have a mild case of gynecomastia why do my nipples change so much when it's warm vs cold. Getting puffy and widening. Unless I tape them over they look like their pushing out from my t-shirt from the side. Even when I was severely underweight I had the exact same looking chest and nipples. I've had two friends mention it to me that my chest is more pointy, that means they can see it too. You know when you raise your hand over your head and your nipple sits ''directly'' on your chest area, that's how I want it to be at all times but it just dosen't happen when most of the people I know who are heavier than me have a less pointy chest and more of a bigger belly lol. Could it be permanent chest fat that won't just go away?? Do you think I should get a third opinion on another hospital? I just know that something isn't right with my chest area and it's eating me fucking alive.. If anyone has experienced similar situations please feel free to comment and give your side of things!! :) 

Offline mieleki

• Posting Member
Pictures would help.

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
It is really difficult to give you an opinion on your opinion, which is what you are asking.  We don’t know if the doctors you saw are just blowing you off and you really do have some form of gynecomastia or if the surgeons are totally correct.  As mieleki suggested, a couple of photos would at least allow us to see what your chest looks like, for that we can offer you an opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024