Author Topic: need your feedback please...  (Read 2856 times)

Offline HowardTheDuct

• Posting Member
Hello everyone,

I would first like to say that I have much respect for everyone on this board.  We're all dealing with something incredibly difficult and this site is really the only place I have to talk about it. 

Alright...

I need help.  I had my operation in the fall of 2004.  I was originally scheduled to have bilateral excision with lipo.  On the morning of my op, the doctor told me that he changed his mind and decided that excision wasn't necessary and that lipo would be enough to take care of the gyno.  He told me this right before I went under the anastesia.  I didn't really have time to think about it, so I just agreed with him, after all... he is a doctor.

Well, after the operation, I was looking good for a few weeks, and then the swelling came and...well you know the rest I'm sure.   In the end there wasn't a shred of difference.  He took out 200 cc's of fat, but there was no noticeable difference.  I'm pretty sure if he had just performed the excision, things would have turned out better. 

Ok, this was three years ago.  I've waited long enough and have decided to go through with this again, because I have no other choice, as you all know, if I want to get rid of it. 

Now, I was almost 100 percent sure that I was going to make the trip to Virginia and have the master Dr. Bermant perform the 2nd operation on me.  I sent him my pictures and spoke with his assistants and was almost scheduled to go, until I found out how much it would cost.  I just simply can't afford $6000.   

I went to my original ps and explained to him this time exactly how I would like to look.  I got everything out. -the puffy nipples, how I can't wear t-shirts because of the protruding nipples, everything. 

He still didn't get it.  (Big surprise right?)  If you don't have it, you can't possibly understand what it's like.

Anyways, I asked him if he could accomplish this look and he said yes.  The reason I didn't go into detail about this the first time, is because I assumed every ps should know what a guy with gyno wants to look like.  I am so desperate to get rid of this shit, that I think I might give him a second chance.  I mean he knows who I am and he already has performed surgery on me, so isn't that to my advantage? 

Plus, he's doing it for a thousand dollars less then the first time.  Although I think he should do it for half price considering everything but whatever. 

The bottom line with me, is bilateral excision is the key right?  From what I've read on this forum. If you just get lipo, your chances are slim. 

So heres my dilemma.  If I go with doctor Bermant, I'm looking at a total cost of about 
$7500. This includes airfare, hotel, etc.  And I would probably have to wait another 2 years to save this much money.

If I stay here I can get it done for $2800.  But the ending result will probably not be as good as Dr. Bermant's.

What would you do guys?

-And thanks for listening.

I

DrBermant

Hello everyone,

I would first like to say that I have much respect for everyone on this board.  We're all dealing with something incredibly difficult and this site is really the only place I have to talk about it. 

Alright...

I need help.  I had my operation in the fall of 2004.  I was originally scheduled to have bilateral excision with lipo.  On the morning of my op, the doctor told me that he changed his mind and decided that excision wasn't necessary and that lipo would be enough to take care of the gyno.  He told me this right before I went under the anastesia.  I didn't really have time to think about it, so I just agreed with him, after all... he is a doctor.

Well, after the operation, I was looking good for a few weeks, and then the swelling came and...well you know the rest I'm sure.   In the end there wasn't a shred of difference.  He took out 200 cc's of fat, but there was no noticeable difference.  I'm pretty sure if he had just performed the excision, things would have turned out better. 

Ok, this was three years ago.  I've waited long enough and have decided to go through with this again, because I have no other choice, as you all know, if I want to get rid of it. 

Now, I was almost 100 percent sure that I was going to make the trip to Virginia and have the master Dr. Bermant perform the 2nd operation on me.  I sent him my pictures and spoke with his assistants and was almost scheduled to go, until I found out how much it would cost.  I just simply can't afford $6000.   

I went to my original ps and explained to him this time exactly how I would like to look.  I got everything out. -the puffy nipples, how I can't wear t-shirts because of the protruding nipples, everything. 

He still didn't get it.  (Big surprise right?)  If you don't have it, you can't possibly understand what it's like.

Anyways, I asked him if he could accomplish this look and he said yes.  The reason I didn't go into detail about this the first time, is because I assumed every ps should know what a guy with gyno wants to look like.  I am so desperate to get rid of this shit, that I think I might give him a second chance.  I mean he knows who I am and he already has performed surgery on me, so isn't that to my advantage? 

Plus, he's doing it for a thousand dollars less then the first time.  Although I think he should do it for half price considering everything but whatever. 

The bottom line with me, is bilateral excision is the key right?  From what I've read on this forum. If you just get lipo, your chances are slim. 

So heres my dilemma.  If I go with doctor Bermant, I'm looking at a total cost of about 
$7500. This includes airfare, hotel, etc.  And I would probably have to wait another 2 years to save this much money.

If I stay here I can get it done for $2800.  But the ending result will probably not be as good as Dr. Bermant's.

What would you do guys?

-And thanks for listening.

Being patient can be very valuable.  I have seen disasters from bad revision surgery.  Some of the Crater Deformity after Gynecomastia Surgery Defects have no good surgery solutions. 

Waiting can be a very valuable tool in many situations.  For those where obesity is a significant contributing factor, weight loss before surgery is typicall better than having an operation and then gambling you will be able to pick where the weight comes off with additional weight loss or than the skin will shrink with additional weight loss.

It is the same issue for Teenagers with Gynecomastia whose breasts are shrinking on their own.  When gynecomastia is resolving on its own, holding off surgery is typically the better choice. 

To help patients deal with the deformity while awaiting stabilization of their problem, endocrinology evaluation and or treatment, weight loss, or just saving funds, Male Chest Body Shaping Garments have proven their worth as an emotional band-aid.  Many of my patients have told me that such compression garments have helped them deal with contour issues while waiting.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024