Author Topic: does surgery have to be performed by a PLASTIC surgeon?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline someguy26

• Posting Member
quick question... in another post, i stated that im set up for a consultation with a GENERAL surgeon.  i was told i had to speak to a general surgeon by my insurance before i speak to a plastic surgeon. 

when i explained my concerns to the nurse/receptionist, she said it's common and they do the surgery all the time. 

i'm wondering if anyone has had the surgery performed by anyone other than a plastic/reconstructive surgeon?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm sure that GRS has to be done by a PS. However, a GP can take a few plastic surgery seminars and be granted PS status. So I have heard. You have to do your homework when choosing a PS. Make sure the credentials are good.

I've never heard of anyone having surgery done by anyone other than a reputable PS.

Dude, are you sure you'd want to trust you body to anyone other than those who specialize in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery?

Your question is rather odd. Why do you ask this?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yo, DEFINITELY go with a plastic surgeon, nothing else. i knew this before my first surgery but just let our family doctor set me up with a pediatric surgeon, i just went along with it and assumed it would be ok.
he did an absolutely shitty job and i ended up getting a revision 2 years later to remove my humungous puffy nipples that remained post op. avoid the hasstle, just use a plastic surgeon and use a good one.
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline LIFEGUARD21

• Posting Member
Man do not make the mistake of using a general surgeon! They will take out the whole site and leave you with a encaved look on your chest. I went to 2 or 3 dif general surgeons and the story was always the same.....one of the surgeons even told me they may have to remove my nipple. Just take a look around this site and read some of the horror stories of people that made the general surgeon mistake.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024