Author Topic: Photographs hide alot  (Read 3061 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Did you guys notice that all the postop pictures on websites or for that matter taken from us are snapshots of us at a slight distance. For example, I took a picture of myself (actually my nipple LOL) and in the picture my nips looked as flat as pavement. I just don't think photographs really show the real angles of nippage. Why does the camera give it more of a flat appearance?? I would like to see what the nippage really looks like from a person who had puffy nipple gynecomastia. There is no way the nipple is totally flat if they were sticking out before. I had gland and excision and mine are alot flatter but still puffy. What would you guys consider still being puffy?? Maybe I'm an A$$hole, i dunno. Can the areola be totally flat. Mine are more flat toward the nipples but the outer edge of my areola are puffy. Any comments!!

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
Maybe the Ps didnt take out enough gland! Have you thought about a revision?

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
This is my 2nd surgery

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The camera is totally impartial, It has neither the inclination nor the ability to lie. The explanation may be that you have become obsessive to some degree and cannot see yourself objectively.

Believe the camera.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
Yes, gyneman, I think you are a bit obsessive with your nipples from what I've read couple of your posts. But who here could blame you?

"There is no way the nipple is totally flat if they were sticking out before." Normal nipple (the small thing in the middle of the areola) sticks out a bit. Normal nipple isn't completely flat. But the cony /\ shape which you get when the gland pushes the nipple and areola outwards can be fixed. My nipples are now "normal": the areola is flat and the nipple sticks out a little (a millimetre or so)

DrBermant

Did you guys notice that all the postop pictures on websites or for that matter taken from us are snapshots of us at a slight distance. For example, I took a picture of myself (actually my nipple LOL) and in the picture my nips looked as flat as pavement. I just don't think photographs really show the real angles of nippage. Why does the camera give it more of a flat appearance?? I would like to see what the nippage really looks like from a person who had puffy nipple gynecomastia. There is no way the nipple is totally flat if they were sticking out before. I had gland and excision and mine are alot flatter but still puffy. What would you guys consider still being puffy?? Maybe I'm an A$$hole, i dunno. Can the areola be totally flat. Mine are more flat toward the nipples but the outer edge of my areola are puffy. Any comments!!

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

Tissues do change over time.  Swelling does evolve over time. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I have also wondered this.
I think the fact that a picture is two-dimensional and our eyesight is three-dimensional makes a difference.
If you see a picture of a bald guy, and then see them in person, they usually seem balder (more bald?) in person.
Also, with gyne affecting so much of your life before surgery, it's hard to direct those feelings toward something else after surgery.

outy 5 billion

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024