Author Topic: the chances of surgery complications  (Read 2837 times)

Offline ben1134

• Posting Member
I'm getting surgery sometime this summer and am a little worried about complications

mainly either it reoccuring or a cave in look
im very thin 5'11'' and about 145
on a scale of 1-10 my case is probabely about a 3 on the right and a 4 on the left
its very hard to wear tshirts
basically ive heard that the cave in effect only happenes on fatty chests which is obviously not me but i still would like some input on how this happens and if the chances are good
also i got the blood tests done and everything is normal but im wondering is their still a chance that it will come back since im only 17?
Thanks

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Nothing in this world is certain other than death (cheerful fellow aren’t I).  There is always a chance of all the things you mention happening, but all we can do is take the best precautions we can by choosing the best surgeon we can, and hope for the best.  Yes it is a gamble but you stack the odds a little in your favour by doing your homework.

You have to ask the question ... if all or any of those complications happen, will I still look and feel better than I did before surgery?  Most of us took the leap of faith and most of us were lucky.

The only thing that concerns me is your age.  At 17 your hormones may not have settled completely and maybe the best bet would be to wait a couple of years to be absolutely sure.  I take your point that blood tests showed them to be fine, so you have to answer that question yourself.

Whatever you decide .. all the very best.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Nothing in this world is certain other than death.

Annnnnnddddddd......   Taxes.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Nothing in this world is certain other than death.

Annnnnnddddddd......   Taxes.  ;)

GB

Only if they catch up with you  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024