Author Topic: Surgery  (Read 1703 times)

Offline PJF

I've had gyne since I was 9, I am 41 now.
I wont get into the Jr High  / Highschool ordeals since many of you know what that was like.
When I was young I was about 20 lbs overweight so over the course of summer vacation
between 10th and 11th grade I lost 30 lbs. I looked thin but the gyne was still there, just smaller.

I've gained alot of weight during my late 20's and my 30's but I have lost 35 lbs this year
I went from 275 to 240. I should weigh between 180  - 200 lbs

Do you think that a doctor will tell me to lose more weight before he will perform the gyne surgery
since there will be loose skin from the weight loss if I continue to lose weight after a gyne surgery??

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 04:21:11 PM by PJF »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Do you think that a doctor will tell me to lose more weight before he will perform the gyne surgery
since there will be lose skin from the weight loss if I contuniue to lose weight after a gyne surgery??

PJF

Your story is very similar to mine dude. Had gyne since 9 or 10 and had it removed at 41. I am 43 now. Went from 230# to 148# and yet the gyne remained. A tad smaller,  but still was there none the less.

Anyways, to your question...  He/she may. However, not 'all' PS's insist on weight loss prior to surgery. I've never heard of a PS 'refusing' treatment due to obesity...  Sure, it's good to loose as much weight as possible to get healthy prior to surgery, but it's not essential. I'm sure that 'loose' skin is not a factor when performing GRS.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
since there will be lose skin from the weight loss if I contuniue to lose weight after a gyne surgery??

PJF

Your story is very similar to mine dude. Had gyne since 9 or 10 and had it removed at 41. I am 43 now. Went from 230# to 148# and yet the gyne remained. A tad smaller,  but still was there none the less.

Anyways, to your question...  He/she may. However, not 'all' PS's insist on weight loss prior to surgery. I've never heard of a PS 'refusing' treatment due to obesity...  Sure, it's good to loose as much weight as possible to get healthy prior to surgery, but it's not essential. I'm sure that 'loose' skin is not a factor when performing GRS.

GB

230 lbs to 148lbs? wow,  is 148 the ideal weight? how did you manage to loose it  and did you keep it off, was your gyne operation a succes?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024