Author Topic: Hmmm...  (Read 1589 times)

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I had surgery early in April and it was apparent that one side, the side that was always bigger, needed a little more work.  I did notice improvement though.  After my follow-up, he said that he could fix it in his office under local, free of charge.  He said that liposuction would do it.  I could feel gland but it felt soft around the gland, so I figured that was the problem.  I had my revision on Monday and the swelling has gone down.  There is nothing left but a hard lump, which I know is mammary gland.  I will contact my PS on Monday regarding the issue.  Does anyone think it is possible that the surgeon lied about performing excision?  Has anyone ever heard of this.  I contacted my PS two weeks after the original surgery in April, because I was not happy with the results and I was assured that excision and lipo were used.  I am not overweight and the only thing left is what I am pretty sure is gland.  WTF
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:07:22 PM by mmaman »

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
the big question is .... do u have an incision line around the areolar thats indicates excision??? because i doubt a good PS would cut around the areolar for no reason at all

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
OMG is ANYONE happy with their outcome??? Seems like most people aren't! This worries me! I'm sorry about your situiation man, dunno what to say...
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The lump may be a hematoma, not Gland. If that is correct, it will disolve in time.

You may not see the final result for several months. Be patient.
Grandpa Dan

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
the big question is .... do u have an incision line around the areolar thats indicates excision??? because i doubt a good PS would cut around the areolar for no reason at all

Yeah, I did have incision lines around my areola.  Pretty big ones too.  They are hardly noticeable now though, so that's good.  That would be pretty bad to cut the areola for no reason but no worse than lying about excision. 

The lump may be a hematoma, not Gland. If that is correct, it will disolve in time.

You may not see the final result for several months. Be patient.

I really hope that is the case.  Is there any way to tell the difference by feel?  Is a hematoma harder than the glandular tissue?  I'll ask some questions on Monday. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024