Author Topic: areolar plus loose skin  (Read 2873 times)

Offline qwerty_123

• Bronze Member
im nearly 9 weeks post op...i found that at around2-3 weeks post op my areolars were very tite and round...now they seem to be loose and starting to go oblong shaped...could this be the scar tissue underneath pulling it in different directions...i can feel a hard ring around the incision/scar line

furthermore it seems that i may have some loose skin...whn i flex my pec my areolar wrinkles up...does the areola and surrounding skin tighten still at this stage of recovery or is all done?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Give it some more time dude... At 9 weeks, you are prolly still healing...

Keep in mind, we all heal at different rates.  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I'm at 2 weeks and I can feel that ring too.  It even pushes the skin out a little.  It may be scar tissue and I believe that the scar tissue gets softer and dissipates a little, I hope.

DrBermant

im nearly 9 weeks post op...i found that at around2-3 weeks post op my areolars were very tite and round...now they seem to be loose and starting to go oblong shaped...could this be the scar tissue underneath pulling it in different directions...i can feel a hard ring around the incision/scar line

furthermore it seems that i may have some loose skin...whn i flex my pec my areolar wrinkles up...does the areola and surrounding skin tighten still at this stage of recovery or is all done?

How tight / loose tissues are after surgery depend on the original problem, what was done, swelling, how you heal, and other factors. That is why I prefer gynecomastia male chest surgery techniques that minimize swelling.  Swelling can stretch out skin.  As swelling goes down, skin can become loose.  How well it shrinks depends on many issues.  Patients needing Male Chest Skin Reduction Surgery can start out tight.  Tight tissues then tend to loosen as they heal.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024