Author Topic: Can removing glands effect the bodies fucntionality?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
Question: Obviously sucking out fat with Lypo is not altering any phisiology, but if a "gland" is removed....does that have any effect on any balcance of hormnes? like do those glands produce anything? (i am thinking here of the drastic effect castration has - obviously that is an exterme example) but do these glands throw off anything into our system, on a regular basis, that we might need?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

As far as I know, and I am not a doctor, the glands do not produce anything our body needs.  Someone far more knowledgeable than me may be able to chip in here though.  However that is a good question to ask your Endo when you see him.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

GynO_DuDe

Its excess meat ... and your getting it removed. Thats in lamens terms.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The "Gland" in this case would produce (if fully developed) milk.

No male I know is likely to have need of this function.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Hypo-is-here

Removal of glandular tissue has no impact on the healthy function of a male body as long as the procedure itself does not cause problem.

Surgery is not without risks and those risks though low (with a cometant surgeon) need to be outlined to those considering surgery.

In the past there were some very scary terrible doctors that performed full masectomies on men and this involved the removal of the pectoral muscles which did very much affect function, this is something that should of course not be performed and wont be performed by a competant surgeon.

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
removing the pes and masectomy sounds major and galnd removal and lipo sounds minor (more like remofing the appendix) this is what I am hearing here.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
These glands are a by-product of a hormone imbalance (too much female hormones). Removing them will not affect the body's function in any shape or form

Offline sider

• Posting Member

As far as I know, and I am not a doctor, the glands do not produce anything our body needs
but gyn.!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024