Author Topic: What's considered an average amount of fat lipo'd?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I had surgery 3 weeks ago today ( excision and liposculpture) , and was told by my ps. that I had just 15-20cc lipo'd from each side... though I have been reading accounts from other people on this board (some rather skinny individuals too) who report 100,200,300 etc cc's of fat removed by their surgeons....

Is 15-20 per side adequate enough to make a significant impact (or dent), in terms of residual chest fat levels?
... and the saga continues

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
ps: I am 5'9 feet and weigh 146 pounds

Offline target3

• Posting Member
It doesnt sound like much. How are your results? Maybe you didnt have much fat and it was mostly gland?

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
yeh It was mostly gland, but there definitely seemed a fair bit of fat. certainly more than just 15-20cc's

There are much fatter people on this board than me, and from seeing some of their post-op pics, many of them now have chests that are flatter than my post-op chest, which has a kind of shapely,musular,benchpressed look to it(which many people actually work out to achieve), when I imagined it would be a lot flatter.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Tony,

15 cc is about a tablespoonful or 1/2  ounce.  That much spread over the entire breast area would not be significant.  However, if even that small amount was localized in the immediate area around the nipple-------?
Put a tablespoonful of sugar in a mound on the table, you'll get the idea.

The ultimate question is: Are you happy with the result?

Hopefully yes!
Grandpa Dan

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Yeh- I guess it doesnt seem like much. My ps said that he didnt wanna have my skin adhering to the bone and muscle by taking out anymore but I think I could still be just slightly flatter.

I mean I dont have that much fat on my body, but it just seemed like I had a fair bit on my chest pre-op, along with the gland.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think you PS is right to be conservative in his removal of fat for the very reason he stated.  Perhaps your expectations were a bit unrealistic or your post op evaluation premature.  Be patient.

Good Luck
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 05:04:59 PM by Paa_Paw »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024