Author Topic: Another new guy...  (Read 1921 times)

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Hi everyone.

I've been reading posts and viewing the site's different topics like for about 2 or 3 weeks quietly, so i finally decided to sign up and say something. First of all i wanna say, god bless this website, Merle, you have no idea how much this website helps us find a lot of information you can hardly find anywhere else.

I've had moderate gyne like since i was 11 or 12, and it always really bothered me, because I was constantly beign teased when i had my shirt taken off, making me back off to a point where I wouldn't even consider going into a pool if they wouldn't let me bath with a shirt on. I wouldn't even do sports, because it was really upseting beign in that situation; you all know what i mean.

Like about three to four months ago I decided it was time for me to do something about it, and that's when i started going to the gym. For my surprise, nothing happened where I wannted to happen. I lost 10 lbs. in 3 weeks and my chest was just as it was when i began. That's when I started to do research about what we all have researched... the famous "how to burn chest fat" or "how to loose the moobs". That's when I found out I had gyne. It wasn't really shocking, it was more like a "why me?" question, but anyway I decided it was enough for complaining and excuses and it was time for me to do what I had to do. Since then, I started to check out this website frecuently and read some interesting posts from the users of this board, but i didn't signed up back then because... i don't even know why!!... lol.

Like 2 weeks ago I decided i should go for surgery, and, since i'm a student and i'm just 18 y/o, beign in my 2nd yr in college it's kinda stressing (I live in the Dominican Republic, so beginning college at 16 y/o is a little common... lol) so I went to my parents house and talked to them about this... i explained what gyne is, the things about this condition and surgery beign the only "cure" for this. They where pretty understanding, and my mom didn't even blinked to say she'll pay for my surgery. My dad is kinda scared about it... lol... but he just worries.

I started the looking for a surgeon thing, and here is kind of hard to do that, but i'm doing good so far. Found about 3 surgeons, one of them, recommended to me by an uncle (who's an anesthesiologist). I haven't decided yet who's gonna be my surgeon, but anyways, i'm planning to have the surgery by the second week of December... i'll have like a month of vacations, and that should be fine for me to recover before going back to classes.

I'm pretty scared I can say, lol, but i guess it's natural. Some days I wake up thinking about how happy i'm gonna be after surgery, and other days i kinda get cold feet and start wondering if it's really worth it, or why i'm gonna do it. It's ovbious, that it will be worth it, and that i'm doing it for me, not anyone else, but anyways, you get nervous and anxious about this kinda stuff, 'cause, after all.. it's a surgery!! as simple as surgeons can put it, it is a surgery.

Anyway... i just wanted to share that, cause it feels so nice to have a group of people that understands what you're going or went trough, and ppl who listens to you and can actually give you some answers. Sorry for writting sooooo much, but I guess i had a lot to say!! lol.

Thanks for reading.
-J03L

PS: I've uploaded some pics. Check them out here
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:38:07 AM by J03L »

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
yes, that's the #1 thing in my list to choose a doctor... To all the docs i've talked to the first thigns i ask is how many of these procedures they've done in the last year, etc... i'm a little paranoic in this surgery stuff, and i wont let a newbie open me up... lol

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
Ah holy shiate.

You look in the mirror every morning and feel bad.

DON'T!   You can get this fixed and you will be FINE!

I suffered just as you are.  I'm fine, and you will be too!   

Wow.

Looking at your pics reminds me of myself.   I'm fine man.  Surgery was a Godsend.

Offline J03L

• Bronze Member
Hi enthusiastic, thanks for the reply.

You know that looking in the mirror and feeling bad is something you do even if you don't want to. But you know what? Now i DON'T! Since I knew I was getting surgery soon, now I look in the mirror, and smile because THAT I'm looking at is soon to be GONE.

By the way, can you tell mi a little about your experience? Was your case like mine?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024