Author Topic: 5 months post-op... depressed...  (Read 3415 times)

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
I am almost five months post-op. I met with my surgeon today for the first time in 4 months as well as the first time being mostly healed. I am in good physical shape, and only had minor gynecomastia (I had lipo and gland excision). However, my skin is still loose as if the gyno is still under it, and it doesn't look a whole lot better despite going through all of this pain and suffering. He walked in, and I took my shirt off to show him. Naturally my nipples tightened up from being cold and whatever and so of course it looked a lot better than it really is. He then took before and after pictures, which are pretty much falsified because of the tightened up nipples. This frustrated me. I felt like he could show these off and the procedure would look like a complete success. I was basically fuming about this time. After a few minutes of talking they finally began to relax and I showed him the loose skin and how bad it looked under the lightning. He agreed that there was loose skin and that there was nothing he could do about it. He said "That's the thing, if I could do something about the loose skin, people wouldn't need face lifts." However, I think that this is a bit of a different situation because tissue was removed and my youthful skin seems like it would tighten up. He said he would possibly try a laser skin tightening procedure but he's "not sure if it works".

Has anyone had this procedure done?

Bottom line is he knows I am disappointed. I mean, I didn't sound like a real happy camper, and it seems as though he doesn't really care too much. I felt kind of cheated out of my money. I am going to meet with him in the spring and see what my options are. In the meantime, I am HOPING that my skin tightens up. I just turned 19 and I believe that my body still has some growing to do, and hopefully in a few years this issue will correct itself. In the meantime, I am pretty upset with just about everything. I do think the surgery made some difference, but this is just not how I thought it would turn out.

It seems like the battle with gynecomastia is a never ending one.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 10:25:03 PM by LMC1307 »
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

GynO_DuDe

Mate, im 20, and my skin is loose aswell as I had a lot of gland/fat taken out ... my doc was also confident that youth is on my side hence it would eventually tighten up and I should give it a year before planning anything.

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
i agree,start lifting weights the skin will tighten up over time or contor to your add muscle chest.i beleive that workng out after gyn surgery is a must .

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Yep, I agree... I lift weights five days a week and follow a pretty healthy diet. I have gained about 20lbs of mass since surgery on a bulking diet, and my chest is larger. Despite this, the skin has not yet tightened up. Also, part of the problem are the nipples which are kind of oversized and loose.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:52:40 AM by LMC1307 »

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Are there any more opinions/comments from ANYONE?

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
Did he give you a vest after the surgery after what I have heard they are great for sticking the all of it back into place and hopefully not leaving you with that much lose skin.

Offline Ps3touch

• Posting Member
can you upload pics of the loose skin?

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Post a pic so we know what u're dealing with.

Offline Jesse

I've hear of a website called www.RipOffReport.com - This is were people can report scams from businesses, products and thing like that. This web site has even come out on the news and is very recognised by people and companies. I'm sure if you were to tell your surgeon you will place him there, his attitude and response to you would be very different.

People think Gynecomastia is not a big thing, because they don't know what its like to live with it!
If only they knew.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024