Author Topic: Hard not after lipo, doc says it will shrink... has anyone heard this?  (Read 3157 times)

Offline dukalian

• Posting Member
I'm 5 weeks post op. I had lipo and no excision. Prior to surgery I had a big not in each chest which didn't necessarily feel like fat. My doctor said it was and recommended the lipo. I was happy because the lipo incision is a lot smaller and being a black guy I was afraid of keloid scarring (it's more common in black people).
Now after the lipo I still have 2 big nots but they are rock hard and a little smaller. I'm naturally muscular (6'1 and 220) and when I would take off my compression vest my chest would look great and I felt I was on the right track. Now that I don't wear it anymore my chest is pointy again and just about the same size. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a tight shirt on right now. 
Hears my question, the doc says "Hard is good and anything that's hard will shrink."
Did anyone who had lipo have this hard scar tissue and did it shrink. If so, how much. Will it shrink all the way up and go away or will I have a not for ever? How long did yours take to shrink?

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Jusy my opinon, but it almost sounds like he lipo'd away all the fat, and now you are feeling the gland (If its very close/ behind the nipple).  If it was there before the operation, and it is still there after the operation it sounds to me like its the same thing.  By reading this board, it sound to me like any doc that would assume he know what exactly was gland and what was fat before the operation itself is really just guessing.  I'm only a week post op, but for lipo only, 5 weeks seems like you should have a pretty good idea of how things are going to turn out.  If you can remember the bumps, and if they were there the day of or maybe the day after the operation before massive swelling and any scar tissue formed, I think you might have been burned by your doc.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
hate to break it to you man, but it seems almost everyone who gets lipo only is never satisifed.. always gotta get the gland excision aswell.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
It sounds to me like you have some scar tissue there. Massage it firmly a few times a day for a week and see if it gets better.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
ask him whether he left something to prevent concavity or if he thinks it's scar tissue.  if it's scarring, ask him how soon he thinks it would go down and what he thinks of cortisone shots to help it.  but still early, don't panic yet.   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024