Author Topic: First post  (Read 2146 times)

Offline jxgc

For the past few weeks, I have been reading a ton on this site. It is amazing how I can relate with so many of your stories. This site is a great source of info at least for me anyway.  For years, I thought that I just needed to lose more weight and the problem would go away. After losing a good 60 pounds, I was underweight and still had gyne. 
For the past seven years, I learned to hide my gyne. It has worked fairly well thanks to compression vests. The problem with hiding it is that I am limited. I am not able to go on vacations to warm places, and the thing that bothers me the most is not being able to take off my shirt when I am with someone that I care about. I dated someone for almost 2 years, and he never saw me without my shirt.  By hiding my gyne, I feel that I misleading people into thinking or seeing me as someone that I am not. 
After doing a lot of reseach, I am determined to do something about my gyne. I am doing okay financially but will still need to finance. I really am interesting in having my surgery performed by Dr. Delgado in San Fransisco.  I am somewhat worried about this since I am here in the midwest and not even sure if it is even possible to travel alone to have the surgery done, and I don't even want to think about the hotel bill.   
I have seen a few doctors locally but none seem to have the "artistry' quality and that is very important to me. 
Well, I hope this works out.  I am very determined to make this change in my life.  I am tired of letting this issue dictate my life.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 07:53:24 PM by jxgc »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
good luck, and you're ballsier than i am putting your picture up  :D
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
Bset luck to you. If you travel, you may nned someoone to stay with you at least the first night. My surgeon offered contacts with home health nurses if needed. To save $$ you could stay outside of San Francisco for less. Check www.vrbo.com and compare to the hotels you find. I used a condo I found there that was he same price as hotels but was huge and completely equipped.

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Where in the midwest?

Offline jxgc

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Look into Dr. Pensler, he did mine and I'm very satisfied at 3 weeks post op.  There are others on the board that used him and he is located downtown.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024