Author Topic: How long is recovery?  (Read 4021 times)

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
hey guys, i have a sort of a dilemma here. I have to train to fight in this big boxing competiton in around 9 months from now, yet at the same time i have an appointment to get rid of this gyne. I want to know what the avg time i would be able to start training again would be, because if its to long, i think ill just wait it out for another 9 or 10 months to get the surgery cuz i have to get in as much training as i possibly can. so basically how long would i have to take off from boxing if i were to get surgery?

Offline rcbrown23

my estimate...5-6 weeks off...couple more to get back in the swing of things.

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
would it make a difference being that i have only a small glandular case of gynecomastia?

Offline rcbrown23

Maybe. But I still think you're looking at at LEAST 4 weeks untill your back training. Some people have started light workouts by week two, though, and back at 100% by week 5. It varies from person to person a lot.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
yeah i shudder to think what would happen if you got punched on the incision too soon after surgery  :o
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
that happened to some guy on these boards..he was doing fine till some girl punched him..than it was bad..fluid and blood buildup...

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Yeah, the way he described it, it sounded pretty nasty.  I'll be doing my best to make sure nothing touches my chest for a while after my surgery.  I guess that means no trips to Six Flags D:
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
so basically after i get the surgery how long after should i avoid getting punched there? like a month or 2 or longer?

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
so basically after i get the surgery how long after should i avoid getting punched there? like a month or 2 or longer?

forever if you were a good boxer... ;D

a month is too short..maybe 2 months, i dont' know if i would risk it that soon, they say it could take  a year to heal and see the final product...to me, final product means your body is back to normal, i would not want to be punched in that area until i was back to normal...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024