Author Topic: Is it Easy to notice someone who had gyno Surgery?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
So My parents are not gonna like the idea that I am considering surgery, so for the first time in my life I will not tell them something this important... I never kept my parents in the dark about things like this but I know they are not supporting me with it so, I have to stick through this by myself...I was just wondering once I get this surgery will they be able to notice that something is wrong? Im pretty sure no one gets up the first day and starts running around and stuff, there must be some down effects after a surgery.... I am getting my surgery done by Dr. Jacobs in NYC. I am gonna do it in December since thats when I have a break between college semesters, and plus by then I should have exactly 8000 in Cash..not that I will need that much but u get the point, and by then I plan on losing at least 20-30Lbs....not that Im fat but I do have extra fat that I should lose, like on the stomach, arms, under arm pits, etc.

If anyone has gotten surgery done by Dr. Jacobs how did u feel after it? How long did it take for u to recover? at least to the point where u can lift ur arms and stuff...I would HATE it if my parents some how found out I had surgery.

Oh Also! When ur done with the surgery do they bandage u up, like u just survived a bombing? Or do they just put the vest thing on you? Is there a lot of blood and such? Good thing is by December its gonna be cold so I can always wear a sweater and that should disguise the bandages and stuff.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is impossible to cut skin without at least some scars. With a good surgeon, and depending on how well you heal, the scars should be relatively unnoticed.

Depending upon your line of work, you should be able to resume most non-strenuous activities soon after surgery without being noticed. You will not be bandaged up like you've been in a train wreck.

If you have good credit, you may be able to get financing for the surgery.

If you are an adult, you need not tell family.

You might lose a tablespoonful or so of blood, perhaps even less.

Most young men indicate that they feel quite liberated after surgery.

Your planned weight loss is probably a good idea before surgery.

How fast you heal is somewhat up to you. Do minor cuts and such usually heal quickly? It would be a good sign. Surgical wounds usually heal more quickly with less scars than do accidental lacerations.

Find something else to worry about.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It would be a bit of a challenge, hiding it from your mom and dad. However, as you mentioned, you are getting it done during the cold months.... You may be able to pull it off...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Well Im not really worried about the scarring since I can always make up a story for the scar, plus they would never notice the scar either way so it does matter...

but I guess if you are not aspecting someone of having a surgery is hard to tell....I mean it would be a different story if my parents knew I had a surgery or was going to get one then they could be like "Oh hes not feeling well, probably because he had a a surgery" but they wont know I am getting one then I guess it would be harder for them to tell...I can always say I dont have a good day or I feel sick, u know what I mean....

Thanks for the current replies guys, I appreciate it!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I can always say I dont have a good day or I feel sick.

Yeah, besides it would only be for a couple of days at most. Then you'll be up and about...

GB

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I had mine with Dr. Jacobs and had great results. My feedback on him is in the doctor section (all positive) and my before/after photos are here-
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13122.msg91575#msg91575

I don't think anyone will know I've had gyne surgery. What Dr. Jacobs gave a subtle inprovement. It's smart to do it in December as you'll have months to recover and the scars to fade before summer. I did mine in January 2008. Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024