Author Topic: surgery tomorrow!  (Read 2519 times)

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
GUYS
tomorrow is the big day. I am having surgery at 10:45 AM.
I want to thank you all for the support and advice. I finally got Kaiser to pay for the surgery.
I have gained 20 lbs and the doctor was a freakin a**hole, maybe because I was telling him how to do his job (from all the good info you guys have posted on here)..
He suggested lipo only and would in turn automatically remore alot of the tissue and gland. One incision. I tried fighting with him tellling him i didnt care how many incisions he made and that I just wanted all the fat, tissue, and gland removed!
He kept stressing to me that I didnt want scars (he said to trust him). And I see his point now.
He is using Vaser Liposuction and told me that he will be removing fat, tissue and portions of the gland.

Is this true? does Vaser cut up the gland and remove it?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
The LASER energy heats up the tissue and essentially melts it, then it's suctioned away.  In theory, gland tissue can be removed this way. There's always a chance that some of the dense gland tissue won't "melt".  But if your PS is experienced with that technology, you should be fine.  I would imagine he told you that there's always a possibility that you'll need a revision for gland removal.

Good luck!

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

GynO_DuDe

Good luck, you should be fine! Dont stress about it, all doctors have their own/prefferred method.

Offline moobzSUck

• Posting Member
good luck bro

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
thank you all, i appreciate the info.
surgery in 1 hour.
will post pics and keep you updated.

Offline Vonsteelo

• Posting Member
Alright man, you'll be high on Hydrocodones in no time. I just had my lipo done 2days ago and I am a little concerned, did the doctor do a good job? or is it just the swelling that appears that not much happened? Only time will tell. I didn't get any insurance to pay for this so my doctor will be doing a revision if I'm not happy, or a beat down, his choice...LOL, but also serious :o The compression garment is hard to wear but I know its important, hang in there and post in here , it makes you feel better at least thats the case for me...

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
Vonstello,
I took the bandage off today, honestly it looks pretty good right after i take off the bandage and compression straps.

If i leave the straps off for a few hours, it dosent look like he took that much out!?!?!?
GUys, any comments, suggestions?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024