Author Topic: doctor recommanded testosterone pill.  (Read 2046 times)

Offline collateral

• Posting Member
went to the doctor, a expert.
he said i have gyne, mild case. and he asked me to check my estrogen level. if it is high then i could take testosterone pill for 2 week to reduce the size.

the doctor said that low dose for 2 weeks will not cause serious side effects, and your case is not worth for the op.

what do you guys think?

Offline hypo

This sounds like bad practice to me.

I presume he is talking about Proviron, but in any case it doesn't really matter.

What on earth does he think two weeks of adding testosterone is going to do?

You need to see an endocrrinologist who specializes in reproductive endocrinology and not a general doctor.

You need the right series of tests performed and if you have a hormone imbalance you need it further investigated, the cause diagnosed and relevant  treated prescribed.

If you tell me where you live (city and state) I'll get you the details of an American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists) AACE  endocrinologist who has an interest in reproductive matters.

Offline shakamunya

• Posting Member
Why couldn't he be speaking of Tamoxifen or Raloxifene? Both drugs have numerous PubMed studies to back up their effectiveness, especially in young men with fresh gyne growth.

Offline hypo

First of all this doctor has mentioned a testosterone pill.

Tamoxifen or Raloxifene or Clomiphene Citrate or Arimidex etc ect are not testosterone pills but anti estrogens and anti aromatase pills medications respectively.

Secondly, you do not need to try and tell me about the effectivness of the medications you have mentioned as I get all medical the studies on such medications (that are available) and have been posting information of that nature on this site for over a year.

josh your giving out bad information i'm afraid.

I have already posted on this topic once when you raised it before.  I would appreciate it if you could stop giving out this miss leading info as it can scare some people into making poor decisions regarding their health.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024