Author Topic: Your coping methods?  (Read 6885 times)

Offline gynegoawayplz

• Posting Member
  • gyne sucks
Smoking Cigarettes, cigars and pot
Sleep
Music, TV, Reading, Movies
Work
Design (I'm a graphic design major)
online video games

I mostly keep to myself.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 04:31:50 PM by gynegoawayplz »
I wish I could step out of the black and into the white.

Offline rcbrown23

Offline Spleen

I've used boozed and reefer (in moderation) to relax, though in my case I never partied because of my teats.  

This is corny as heck, but the one book that has made the most difference for me was "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.  The title is BS meant to sell books but the lesson is all about the PMA: Positive Mental Attitude.  I learned this from punk rock bands like the Bad Brains.  It's super-simple common sense stuff about how to think.  Amazon it or it's less corny companion:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0452272815/qid=1115776572/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/002-3838031-5432011?v=glance&s=books
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 06:30:50 AM by Spleen »

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
What helps me cope is knowing there's a possibility to look normal again someday.

Also, I think about all the other people in the world with worse health problems. People are dying of brain tumors, AIDS, etc, so thinking about that makes me put my gynecomastia problem in perspective.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I think about all the other people in the world with worse health problems. People are dying of brain tumors, AIDS, etc, so thinking about that makes me put my gynecomastia problem in perspective.

Too often I neglect doing this.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
My past coping technique was just to hate myself, sulk in deep depression, and double my weight due to excessive overeating.

Now my coping technique is that I am an "exercise bulimic."

I think gynecomastia is far worse than any other medical condition. I would have had a much happier life if I could have lived for 30 years and then died of a brain tumor or AIDS. At least those people had a life of some quality before their illness. We have to suffer for years and years and years.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i don't think u can or should compare gynecomastia to a brain tumour or aids...given a choice i'll take the gynecomastia..at least it's not life threatening...

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
ummm paint, draw, work, go to school (art major), listen to music, spend time with my fiancee, and dream of getting surgery heee heee which I will be having soon wooohoo finally got my loan approved. gynegoawayplz do u have website where I can see someo of ur graphic design skillz? interested in seeing your work  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 10:14:20 AM by disarm »

Offline Youngboi

• Posting Member
Knowing that one day im gana get with and marry an amazingly hot russian chick and that gyno is the only thing standing in the way of that, nothing else  ;D

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Having surgery.
etc.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
ditto, except so far my surgery hasn't been successful but I'm only a week + 5 days post op so I still have high hopes (or at least I try to).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:44:29 PM by Blarneystoner »
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
I think gynecomastia is far worse than any other medical condition. I would have had a much happier life if I could have lived for 30 years and then died of a brain tumor or AIDS. At least those people had a life of some quality before their illness. We have to suffer for years and years and years.

Are you serious?!

Many people that die of brain tumors are young, it's the leading cause of solid tumor cancer death in people under twenty. Each year, about 200,000 new people in the US alone will be diagnosed with a brain tumor.

While many of these cases are treatable, almost always the patient is left with serious long term side effects if they survive. Unlike gyno surgery, where the only real side effect is scarring, people that have brain tumors removed often have trouble remembering things, intense head aches, and many other neurological difficulties for the rest of their lives. So they too suffer for years and years, and I think much worse than people with gyno.

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I doubt very much they have undergone the hell I have went through. If I could have had 25 years of a good life without gyne and then die of a brain tumor, I'd have picked that.

Not all gyne is equally severe...for those of us who have it really bad, the pain and suffering is more pronounced. Maybe gyne may not be a big deal to some, but it is to me.

Offline SW_ON_Huge_Moobs

• Posting Member
I got fat as the overeating was comforting in an otherwise painful situation (ie hating your body) - unfortunately getting fat didn't help the pain in the long run.

I lost the weight in my 20s for a while but still had moobs and it still felt wrong.  I only found out now that surgery was a real option.  I asked my doctor right after they started growing RIGHT at the onset of puberty, and he said they would go away and they didn't and I never had the courage to ask about them again, and he never had the insight to say anything. By that time the name calling has started in school.

I put the weight back on in my 30's and that really was a coping mechanism as the moobs grew even bigger started to droop and the drooping made them less noticable under bigger shirts as I got bigger (as I am shrinking they are becoming more noticeable).  I am now losing the weight again to aviod health issues in the future (and the hard fibreous moob mass is bigger than ever), and I am NOW really starting to cope based on the promise of being normal through surgery (like in the last two weeks when I found this board).  It will be so much easier to keep the weight this time if I don't have moobs!

I have also coped by never having a girlfriend (I am a 42 yr old very hetrosexual lonely virgin who is otherwise quite sociable) and by never taking my shirt off in public or arround any other humans.   I really want to get rid of my gyne and find a nice girl and be a loving husband one day.  There MAY actually now be real HOPE for that (and maybe I'll take my future girlfriend/wife to the beach one day)!!!

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
Well from someone who doesn't have severe gyno... someone with a (worse case) might have more trouble and different feelings towards their own situations. ...

but just knowing that, "there is away of getting rid of this stuff" is very helpful thought throughout the day...   "JUST THINK IF THERE WAS NO OPTIONS"  :'(

everytime i get a check, or make some extra money, and throw it into the old the savings account... the feeling that i get is like  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D...  i just feel very good about the situation, and knowing that every dollar thrown in there is a dollar closer to "GETTING THIS WEIGHT LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS, or chest i should say....

also exercising is a great ANTI depressant..  it'd the best of both worlds.. you look better, and feel better...
plus you know that once you get the surgery, you won't have to  do all the owrk at the gym...  you can just step right in and go about your business like everybody else...

my personal take......  ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024