Author Topic: I Want A Famous Face (gyne episode)  (Read 7084 times)

Offline User

• Bronze Member
MTV's plastic surgery show "I Want A Famous Face" recently did an episode that followed a man getting breast reduction surgery and I'm curious if anyone else saw it?  I tuned in and it was well worth watching.  Unfortunately, the guy had to tack on some crap about wanting to look like Arnold Schwartzenegger (the show is a documentary chronicling young people getting plastic surgery to look like celebrities), but I got the impression that he was just saying that stuff so he could get a free surgery.

His case wasn't very severe.  To me it looked like he just needed to lose a little weight, but only he could've made that decision.  There were some scenes showing his friends teasing him about his chest, which probably explains why he was getting the damn surgery.  I really hope those people look back at that video footage and hear his commentary and realize how much that crap hurts.

Anyways, I'm glad to see an episode covering male breasts even if it's on a lousy station and a show with a very twisted premise.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline User

• Bronze Member
As I said his case didn't appear very severe to me, so it wasn't that big of a difference, but he looked more proportionate post-op.

Offline hypo

Mmm

This gets me thinking about tag lines and how we could market you Graham.

Graham Ashe and his anti surgery clinic, hours of opening variable, balance as always lacking!

Or

One topic Graham and his crusade against surgery!

Unbalanced Graham has your interests at heart!

I’m Graham Ashe balance is something for other people!

P.S

All jokes aside Graham, if you are to be taken seriously on this board then you have to consider the pros as well as the cons of surgery.  

If you spoke from a balanced position and then spoke about some of the negative aspects of surgery people would take you seriously, as it stands well…

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I saw it, and we discussed on here afterward that he was ripped off because he paid $5000+ (I think) for what looked like lipo only, and the results were not to expectations.

His surgeon then came on the boards to try and disprove any rumors about how the guy was ripped off and said that only lipo was needed (when clearly his results showed that this wasn't true).

I think the guy should go back for some gland excision.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
i saw the episode 3 times, my gyne is a little smaller then his was and it had me wondering about final results.

but i agree that he did need to lose some weight, he was a "HUSKY" dude to begin with....... but when he started to flex his chest it didn't look too bad. you could see the muscle-- and so i began to wonder if he hit the gym, and added a little cardio would he be in great shape ? (not arnold   ::)  shape, but good)

Offline anonguy

• Bronze Member

Graham, i'm one case that had moderate to servere and i'm very happy with my results.  At 6.1 and 194lbs I had 900cc taken out.  I'd say thats pretty severe.

My results are fantastic, although not perfect it was better than my expectations.  I didn't expect my puffy aereolas to be fixed even though I was told by Fielding they would be, and he was right.  I didn't expect my chest to be as flat as it was, I still expected some gyne and to my surpise it's gone.  The only flaw is that on one side I have a slight indentation.  So not perfect.

But given how I looked before with breasts, it's night and day and I would not hesitate to recommend it.  It has made a difference to all aspects of my life.  One of the best decisions I ever made.

I'm sure there are people with horror stories, but if people do the research and get a good surgeon then the benefit far outweighs the risk imo.

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
anonguy, if i could see some b4 and after pics, iw ould apprecaite it. I am a tall guy who has it kind of severe...and it would be interesting to see how yours turned out since you seem pleased wiht the results.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I saw it, and we discussed on here afterward that he was ripped off because he paid $5000+ (I think) for what looked like lipo only, and the results were not to expectations.

His surgeon then came on the boards to try and disprove any rumors about how the guy was ripped off and said that only lipo was needed (when clearly his results showed that this wasn't true).

I think the guy should go back for some gland excision.

That's really interesting...do you have a link to the thread?

(Note: Hypo and Graham, please keep your personal argument to PMs or another thread.  Thanks.)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1113181850;start=

I was the operating surgeon on the MTV show and I would like to set the record straight so as to end the needless speculation by all the posts above.

Jay consulted me first and decided to have gyne surgery.  MTV contacted me around the same time--seeking a patient for their series.  When I offered it to Jay, he decided to participate.  He paid for his own surgery--MTV did not pay a dime!

My standard fee for surgery is $6500, which includes surgery, anesthesia, operating room fees and all post-operative care, including touch-up surgery if necessary (rare).  Fees will vary around the country.

As for "any plastic surgeon" being capable of doing this surgery, let me state that there is expertise in everything.  I have performed well over 1200 of these operations--you do get to be real good at it.

As for the result, obviously at six weeks he was still swollen and firm--that is to be expected and is totally normal.  That was not the final result.

As for the technique utilized:  I use aggressive liposuction with instruments of my own design for gyne surgery.  My agreement with my patients is that if I am unable to get them flat with lipo alone, then I will immediately perform a small peri-areolar incision and remove the rest of the tissue in that manner.  However, if I am satisfied during surgery that he is absolutely flat, and if I can avoid making the additional incision, I will do so.  In general, healing is better and faster if a peri-areolar incision can be avoided.  In Jay's case, I was able to successully sculpt his chest without the need for an additional incision.  Jay was not "cheated" out of a complete operation.

Trust this clears the air.

Dr. Jacobs 
New York City
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 08:41:25 PM by nukem2k5 »

Offline xxxxxxxxxx

• Bronze Member
You would think that hypo would have retaliated by now, where are you?

Offline hypo

My post was not personnal.

It was to highlight the fact that Graham has constantly displayed an unbalanced/anti surgery point of view since he came to this site which he continues to peddle.

Offline hypo

No Graham,

Your problem is a very simple one and doesn't require words like dichotomy or unbeknownst.

You are an individual with no background, experience or knowledge when it comes to surgery that has a one sided opinion (anti surgery) trying to advice people.

You’re an ambulance chaser in terms of the threads you post in and everything is only about the cons of surgery.

An example of this one sided view in your last post quote
My intention is simply to shatter the ignorance that surgery promises to cure gyno.
Unquote

Surgery does offer the hope of rectifying gynecomastia and it does actually deliver this in 64% of cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone would think from what you have written that you were talking about some no hope shot in the dark procedure.

The majority of the people have success procedures

(They would probably like to give you a good old fashioned slap in the face for suggesting that surgery doesn't offer a cure.)

You have EVEN admitted yourself that your position is not a balanced one-

I Quote you
Yes, I do emphasize more on the negative aspects of surgery because a lot of people here tend to support it too much without just cause. In order to restore the balance to an erroneously and extremely positive idea about surgery, one needs to apply slightly more negativity to get the message across
Unquote

It is not about lying, being economical with the truth or presenting your own (spin) version of the facts to suit your own viewpoint.

There is only one version of the truth.

Balance is about one individual telling the whole picture, all the facts ungarnished; telling it like it is, telling the truth!!! no matter what other people do!!!

As it stands we have you telling your story and some people who don't see the cons with surgery telling theirs, neither of which are actually true.

And that does not work when it comes to advice; it leaves people with two sets of lies and it leaves people confused not sure who or what to believe.

Given your lack of balance, background, knowledge and experience you should not be trying to advice or tell anyone anything on this matter.  

Example on the other issues I mentioned, of background, experience and knowledge;

I suffer from hypogonadism and I advice on that subject.  I give information out on endocrinology because I have very good layman’s knowledge of that subject and I help people obtain appointments with experts in endocrinology.

Having background, experience and knowledge of what you are advising on is key and as far as I am aware you have A) you not had surgery B) no little about surgery apart from what you have read in ONE white paper.

Show me I am wrong!      

(without a botched cut and paste effort)

You don’t actually know anything about what you are talking about do you?

You’re a joke that could come at other peoples expense.  

Offline hypo

That response might work with someone else but it doesn't wash with me.

Your not blustering your way through this.

Answer the questions that the post raises.

Tell me using my post how I am wrong and show me what you actually know.

Offline hypo

This has nothing to do with endocrinology and I never said it was.

Show me where I brought that up, you spin doctor you ;)

FACE IT Graham you know NOTHING about surgery as can be seen by;          

You have NOT had surgery.

PROBABLY haven't even spoke with a surgeon regarding gynecomastia.

Have NO background, experience or insight into such matters in order to advice anyone.

You HAVEN'T been on the site long enough to have developed an understanding from the people who HAVE gone through the process-

You HAVEN'T listened to the consensus of opinions of the people on the site who have been through surgery.

And your opinion IS unbalanced something that I have shown and something you have ALREADY admitted to on this site.

My take on surgery is completely factual -
Unquote

No it is isn't.  

You're the only person that advises not to have surgery.  

The endocrinologists do not do that, neither do general physicians, psychologists (unless it is BDD) or anyone else from the medical profession for that matter

- just you Graham.

My take on surgery is completely factual -so much so until even you had to concede that probably 1/3 of surgeries are not satisfactory.
Unquote

Firstly I concede nothing (pure spin).  

I have always stated the correct statistics, that wasn't something that had to be forced from me at all.

Secondly even the way you have worded this shows the spin you employ, another way of looking at those statistics is to say 64% of surgeries are successful- but you wouldn't want a positive message getting out there now would you...it wouldn't do much for your agenda ;)

Quite funny how you manage to make a strong majority sound like a minority- you should be a losing politician you would lose well and retain dignity with such spin ;D

Quote referring to the statistics that I am supposed to have conceded.

This is something that was virtually unheard of on these boards before.
Unquote

I stated the statistics on this board a year before you turned up.  So quite how I can possibly conceded a point to you a year before you were ever here is anyone’s guess.

Perhaps if you did some research and engaged the brain before typing you would know your facts.

Your correct about one thing, we have been through this before and your not skillful enough to hoodwink me verbally- I have had you every time you have tried to pull a fast one with verbal chicanery and every time you have come off worse- are you not seeing a pattern emerging?

Now you can you kindly answer my post and the issues I have raised concerning your ability to advice people with regards to surgery.  

I took the time to think first and then put my thoughts on the screen.

So please do not go off on a tangent for a third time, but actually send a reply that relates to the post written.

Here you go I'll post it again here for you just so you don't have to look back.

No Graham,

Your problem is a very simple one and doesn't require words like dichotomy or unbeknownst.

You are an individual with no background, experience or knowledge when it comes to surgery that has a one sided opinion (anti surgery) trying to advice people.

You’re an ambulance chaser in terms of the threads you post in and everything is only about the cons of surgery.

An example of this one sided view in your last post quote
My intention is simply to shatter the ignorance that surgery promises to cure gyno.
Unquote

Surgery does offer the hope of rectifying gynecomastia and it does actually deliver this in 64% of cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone would think from what you have written that you were talking about some no hope shot in the dark procedure.

The majority of the people have success procedures  

(They would probably like to give you a good old fashioned slap in the face for suggesting that surgery doesn't offer a cure.)

You have EVEN admitted yourself that your position is not a balanced one-  

I Quote you
Yes, I do emphasize more on the negative aspects of surgery because a lot of people here tend to support it too much without just cause. In order to restore the balance to an erroneously and extremely positive idea about surgery, one needs to apply slightly more negativity to get the message across
Unquote

It is not about lying, being economical with the truth or presenting your own (spin) version of the facts to suit your own viewpoint.

There is only one version of the truth.

Balance is about one individual telling the whole picture, all the facts ungarnished; telling it like it is, telling the truth!!! no matter what other people do!!!

As it stands we have you telling your story and some people who don't see the cons with surgery telling theirs, neither of which are actually true.  

And that does not work when it comes to advice; it leaves people with two sets of lies and it leaves people confused not sure who or what to believe.

Given your lack of balance, background, knowledge and experience you should not be trying to advice or tell anyone anything on this matter.  

Example on the other issues I mentioned, of background, experience and knowledge;

I suffer from hypogonadism and I advice on that subject.  I give information out on endocrinology because I have very good layman’s knowledge of that subject and I help people obtain appointments with experts in endocrinology.

Having background, experience and knowledge of what you are advising on is key and as far as I am aware you have A) you not had surgery B) no little about surgery apart from what you have read in ONE white paper.

Show me I am wrong!  

(without a botched cut and paste effort)

You don’t actually know anything about what you are talking about do you?

You’re a joke that could come at other people’s expense.  

Show me the money Graham ;D

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Can you guys create your own thread for this?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024