Author Topic: Zinc as an aromatose inhibitor  (Read 3757 times)

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
There is a slew of information regarding the effects of zinc deficiencies and testosterone production and gyne. Apparently zinc aids in the anti-aromatose process of testosterone changing into estrogen.
I am pretty sure that I don't get enough zinc on a daily basis, and am thinking about taking a zinc supplement.

Anyone else had beneficial results by increasing their zinc intake?

Offline hypo

All of the information below orignates form Eugene Shippen M.D endocrinologist.

zinc
Of all the minerals, zinc stands out because of the classic deficiency studies that demonstrated the dramatic interference with normal hypothalamic/pituitary function caused by its lack.  

Severe deficency literally halted changes of puberty in teenage boys, effects which werte rapidly reversed when zinc was restored to normal levels.  

There would be little need to write about such bizare situations if zinc deficiency were rare.  But National Health and Nutrition Surveys- NHANES I, II and III- performed over the last thirty years have consistently shown deficient intake in large segments of society, particularly the aging population.  

Unquote

zinc inhibits levels of aromatase the testosterone to estrogen converter.  Take at least the RDA limit of zinc,

Dr Eugene Shippen M.D recomends taking 50mg of zinc a day to his patients who have low testosterone.

I can say that many men who have hypogonadism take zinc in order to keep estradiol in check.

If you do not have hypogonadism and only have a slightly elevated estradiol level you could benefit from the use of zinc particularly if you are deficient in this mineral.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I have taken a daily zinc supplement for about 18 months. I had gyne before I took it and I had gyne after.

I only take it because I do not eat meat. (and it is apparently supposed to help with "skin conditions and wound healing")
... and the saga continues

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024