Author Topic: I just put on a compression vest for the first time!  (Read 2533 times)

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Hey guys,

I had to write something because in some ways I feel as though I am seeing myself as a normal person for the first time since I can remember.  I ordered the vest yesterday and wasn't exactly sure what size to get or what it would feel like.  At first I thought I ordered a size too small because it was really hard to get on but once I got it on I realized it was perfect. 

Of course, I don't like what I look like necessarily wearing just the white vest (black might look better) BUT I then put on a tshirt that I haven't liked wearing for a long time.  I can't believe how different it feels to stand in the mirror.  I still approach my reflection with hesitation and fear but then I stand there and almost think I look good!! 

Its not exactly comfortable but if I have to choose between hunching over, feeling like people are talking about my chest between just feeling a little pinched in my torso, I WILL TAKE THE LATTER! 

Anyone else have a revelation with the compression vest?? 

Offline Allhopeaside

• Posting Member
haha yeah. then i couldn't stop wearing it.

all in all just made me want to get surgery more.

AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A MAN WHO HAS GROWN SOUND AND STRONG
A MAN WHO HAS LEARNED FROM HIS MISERY
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A CLEVER MAN WHO TAUGHT HIS FLESH THE WAY OF STEEL THIS LASTING MAN OF RESOLVE AND WILL
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
OR JUST A BITTER MAN
THAT ROTS WITH MEMORIES AND ONLY GROWS COLD

INDEED I HAVE GROWN COLD

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Fortunately I am scheduled for surgery next month so I only have to wear this think for about 7 weeks.  It does make me want to lose weight though too!

Offline Advent

• Posting Member
Hey.  I wanted to ask, how did you guys know what size to get?
Would you mind looking at my photos and telling me if it will even work with my case?
If so, which vest do you suggest?
Also, i'm in the orange county area so does the place you purchased your vest from ship to US.
Thank you.

http://photobucket.com/gyndotorguser

Offline Allhopeaside

• Posting Member
http://www.underworks.com/998.html

this was the one i got,  i really like it because unlike the others it doesnt stick out of the top of your shirt. cant really tell what size would work well for you, your best bet would be to order a couple different sizes at once and just send the ones that dont fit back. i sent stuff back twice before i got the right size, because the sizes i thought would work i couldnt even get around my head to get on because they were so small.

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
For sizes, I just measured my chest -- about 35-36 and so I ordered a small. 

I have the underworks one as well but I do not like the one that I bought -- it looks like a tank top.  I am going to buy the one that looks like a regular crew neck t-shirt with no sleeves next. 

You can sort of see the outline of the compression vest I have and it makes me feel a little awkward. 

They are very difficult to get on but worth it -- not that they are a blast to wear or anything. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024