Author Topic: My Gynocomastia  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
Hi folks i am new to this forum, i have lived with Gynecomastia pretty much all of my life i am now 29 and i feel enough is enough, growing up was bad with it and its not got any easier the comments, snide looks and sneering, wearing the xl or XXL t shirts to hide my fat ugly huge breastsis bad i am nightmare to live with and rarely go nights out with my wife i never walk about the house with my top off because i am too ashamed of the way i look, things came to a head around  3 months ago i have two kids aged 5 and 3 and when i started carrying them into the swimming pool so i could hide my chest i knew enough was enough i went to the G.P who referred me to an endocrinologist between the referral i went from 13 stone 3 to 12 stone 2 by living on water and sandwiches or just by not eating, STILL NO DIFFERENCE TO MY CHEST STILL HUGE i want this so much, when i saw the endocrinologist he took one look at my chest and said in this case surgery would almost definitely be the only option, he took blood tests and said if they returned as normal i would be refereed to the plastic surgeon. I waited 5 weeks for the results and when i got them back as normal i was over the moon, My G.P has referred me to the plastic surgery unit at Glasgow Royal and when i phoned them to find out if there was any word of an appointment someone told me that in my case it was a routine referral and my referral was at present being vetted by a panel who would decide whether to offer me an appointment or knock me back people who have never seen my big ugly deformed man breasts, i feel really deflated i am now 11 stone 7 and my chest sticks out so bad now i am really really down that i might not even get an appointment, i have to Phone next Fri and they should know by then. I am so lucky to have a great family but i know i cant go on with these, i have read about compression vests but i don't know where to go and see them i am too ashamed i am sorry for going on like this but reading other posts on this i am looking for help and guidance from anyone please. :(

Offline ABCDEFG

• Posting Member
Get the surgery.
Its pretty much painless and its a success 95% of the time.
But the only problem is that its not cheap.

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
Hi, thanks for your reply, i cant afford it and i am relying on the NHS to offer me the op, although i am not sure if i will even get the appointment

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
I want the surgery so much i have lost over 2 stone and although my body has shrunk, my man  breasts are still the same.HUGE

Offline Doomed

• Posting Member
I would honestly just wait and save you money up.  To begin with, you never know who you will get if you are going through an appointed surgeon, how experienced will they be?  It would be a gamble and you could end up scarred or butchered and wish that you had your gynecomastia back.  It happens, look at some of the websites of PS's and see some of the repair cases they attempt from other surgeries.

I think it would be best for you to save your money and research PS's in your area and meet with them and review their past patients and the results etc.  When it comes to your body, you only get one so be sure you pick an experienced, competent surgeon.  Good luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Be patient, If your condition is as you have stated, they will most likely take you as a patient. But start saving anyway.

An old adage bears repeating.

Hope and pray for the best,
as you prepare for the worst.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
I want the surgery so much i have lost over 2 stone and although my body has shrunk, my man  breasts are still the same.HUGE
you did the right thing.  the weight loss doesn't get rid of the gyne, it helps get YOU ready to make the most of an op, which is what does get rid of it.  good for you. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline rammy1394

• Posting Member
hi gaz i just got the surgery 7 days ago on the nhs my gyne wasent bad it was slight with the puffy nipples but with incision and lipo she made a damn good job 2 nights in hospital i was out the same day driving my car no probs they gave me a tight tuby grip bandage to wear across my chest the surgeon also said a tight cycling top or a tight nike vest top will do as well and thats what i have got just cant wait to get back to the gym.

Offline Gaz29

• Posting Member
Thanks for all your posts, I have been told to contact the hospital on Monday,after being told to contact them Fri there!, am hpoin and prayin now, everyone is saying i have lost too much weight  now 11 7 woz 13 3, my gyne looks really bad now will post update soon

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024