Author Topic: I have a question.  (Read 5165 times)

Offline lou

• Posting Member
I have an idea about my gyne.  I have had surgery with a crappy doctor whos made one of my nipples slightly indented but far better than its orginal position, but the other looks just the same even though more mass was removed from it.  I am 5'10 and 150 and im pretty fit condition except for the nips.  Its all soft tissue underneath that it seems with no matter how much cardio or lifting weights can go away.  Ive even put tape on the left one to reduce its mass exposure.

Here is my idea for any MD on or any one else.  I know you will not approve of this method but, if there was a way I could take some liticane and put it on my niple and use a scaple to make small incissions no bigger than a centimeter at a time.  Of course everything being sterile, I would just put some clorohex on it in combo with some over the counter antibiotics on the wound.  During this healing time I would continue the cleansing but would I remove enough skin and the closing of the wound reduce the overall niple size?

Or if you have any other suggestions because I am no in college with one massive left niple for me and I work out and run and am in very fit shape but I am seeing no results.  Unless some one has a better idea, let me know.

Lou

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First: You picked the Surgeon. I'd like to know what your criteria were. Was price a major element in your decision? What sort of certification and experience did the Surgeon have. Not every Dr. is a qualified Surgeon and not every surgeon is qualified to do cosmetic surgery.

Second: Cardio and / or weight training has no impact on Gynecomastia.

Third: If you want a truly ugly and disfigured chest, go ahead with your plan to pare down the nipples yourself. If you want to look your best See a well qualified, and certified, Cosmetic surgeon who has lots experience in dealing with gynecomastia.

Be prepared to lay down some heavy loot. It takes a lot of skill and talent to make the best of a botched job so you'll need the very best surgeon you can find.
Grandpa Dan

Offline lou

• Posting Member
The guy said he has operated before on gyne. and as well as a cosmetic surgeon specializing with female and male breast.  He did say though that your breast hard more tissue underneath that would lead to a possible indentation.  But yes he is qualified by my standards and from every photo he has shown me.  We payed 3000+ for it.

I know physical condition doesnt help but my parents and my pediatrician all said that the more lifting and running you did it would fix over time.

Im not ready to lay down another 3grand on a surgery I already had.  My parents say they can hardly notice it but I still can.  Im in college and I cant  afford it.  My idea on my own little surgery though would to make small incisions like you would if you got cut on a rose bush and the thorn broke skin a little.  I see the scars my surgeon made and they arnt that bad and Ive worked in a vet office for some time now and I know how to close wounds that dont require surgery.

Plan:
Shave left nip and partial chest.
Soak with alchol then clorohex.
Apply lidicane.
Take small scaple and make a small centimeter decision following the avoli to the chest skin much like the doctor already has done.
Clean wound with clorohex and use Skin cement to reattatch the tissue and take antibiotics.
Then just wait on time.

Honestly, my nips are puffy not round.  I was planing on seperating and reattatching skin so after months of performing this, adventually it will reduce its size.

Surgery is no option until maybe the summer but still I have no funds.

Lou

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The patient who self medicates, has a fool for a doctor... 

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think you would be wise to get a completely unbiased opinion from another Doctor. It could be that you have become so self aware in this area that you are not seeing things realistically.

Offline lou

• Posting Member
Are you referring to the way I see my breast.  I have talked to several other doctors who all say that unless I have seen prior medical records or examined it up close, I could have never have noticed.

I was working out in the gym yestreday wearing a lighter shirt and it was quite obvious that it was protruding out for not only me but my weight partner as well.  He asked why it was so "big" today.  And I said have you noiticed it other days to which he replied "yes but today it seems more revealing."

It just made me kind of shut down and well, its annoying being in college knowing you cant wear a shirt thats gym appropriate.

I honestly don't see really what harm I could do that would be so severe.  Ive made plenty of incissions on animals and on necropsyies (if thats spelt right) as well.  I would no strugle doing this at all as long as the pain is kept to a low.  Easily I could just seperate and rejoin the skin causing enough of a tear to where the scaring tissue in the region would be firmer than than the puff that lies on the outer region.  After enough of those, it would make the skin tighten up and well, cause the nipple to reside in the shirt and blend in with the rest of the pec.

Honestly, the doctor was a real stiff about it.  His work was undeniably good so I trusted that.  But I mean its noticeable to me even after almost a 4000 dollar surgery.  If my attempts were to work, I could get it done under 100-200 dollar budget.  Hell the liticane itself, I could probably concentrate enough out of a common wart remover along with some liquid nitrogen to cause the skin on top to just move and the scar tissue would fill in nicely with the incissions that the doctor had already made.

Im sure most kids will tell you how much of a pain it is but, honestly from a Dr. point of view and medical knowledge of the breast.  Removing the top dermis in no less than a centimeter a month for healing, I wouldnt hit a vain.  The scar tissue would look like a scab and adventually reform.  Correct me if im wrong, but essentially thats how you treat a minor cut.

Lou

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Lou -- your proposal sounds horrific! 

It was really difficult for me to even read.  Have you been to another surgeon for a consultation? 

DrBermant

The guy said he has operated before on gyne. and as well as a cosmetic surgeon specializing with female and male breast.  He did say though that your breast hard more tissue underneath that would lead to a possible indentation.  But yes he is qualified by my standards and from every photo he has shown me.  We payed 3000+ for it.

I know physical condition doesnt help but my parents and my pediatrician all said that the more lifting and running you did it would fix over time.

Im not ready to lay down another 3grand on a surgery I already had.  My parents say they can hardly notice it but I still can.  Im in college and I cant  afford it.  My idea on my own little surgery though would to make small incisions like you would if you got cut on a rose bush and the thorn broke skin a little.  I see the scars my surgeon made and they arnt that bad and Ive worked in a vet office for some time now and I know how to close wounds that dont require surgery.

Plan:
Shave left nip and partial chest.
Soak with alchol then clorohex.
Apply lidicane.
Take small scaple and make a small centimeter decision following the avoli to the chest skin much like the doctor already has done.
Clean wound with clorohex and use Skin cement to reattatch the tissue and take antibiotics.
Then just wait on time.

Honestly, my nips are puffy not round.  I was planing on seperating and reattatching skin so after months of performing this, adventually it will reduce its size.

Surgery is no option until maybe the summer but still I have no funds.

Lou
I have seen horrible disasters from those trying "self surgery."  Scars and deformity that I have seen from such misadventures compromise what I can offer for a final result. 

A doctor who has himself as a patient, has a fool for a doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:08:18 PM by DrBermant »

Offline lou

• Posting Member
If you honestly don't think it willl turn out even remotly succesful then I wont do it.

Really though.  Could it turn out that bad.

Im not entering the gland, im just piercing through the second dermal layer and thats it.  i would just use some anticeptics to clean it out and some skin glue to push it back together.  After many times of doing this in a common and consistant pattern, it would all turn out the same and the skin would be tighter thus causing the puffiness to spread out.  Im not trying to remove it, just tighten the skin around it.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The odds of making things better are virtually nil.

The odds of making things much worse are very near 100%.

No thinking person would bet with those odds.

Offline lou

• Posting Member
Your probably right but its really just that frustrating and I feel as though I have the skills to do it.  Ive spent many time around fixing up wounds and healing animals that were in fights or have been stabed.  All of which I could easily treat.  My ideas are so micro compared to something of that nature.  I really do understand everyones point of view and why NOT to do it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024