Author Topic: what foods not to eat.....  (Read 3897 times)

Offline outkast

• Bronze Member
What are foods that should definitely be out of my diet to prevent any further damage to my gyne or even after surgery..such things like soy or green tea is all that i have heard..

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
Soy and green tea do nothing to induce growth of post-pubertal breast gland.  And no foods have ever conclusively shown to reduce it.

Offline outkast

• Bronze Member
i know that no foods can reduce gyne...but dont some foods produce excess estrogen in the body..

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
depends on definition.  soy is not a threat and may even mitigate estro, though i think meat and dairy hormones are a very good thing to beware.  see my post #7 on this page, which i post links to sometimes when the subject comes up: 

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13886.msg97561;topicseen#msg97561
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
I read  that soy can cause gynecomastia within months. A recent study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill showed that men eating whopping amounts of soy experienced breast enlargement and even some nipple discharge. They ate a lot more soy than most of us would, but it serves as fair warning. Personally, I was eating soy protein powder every day. My gyne was suddenly getting worse and I had no idea why (because it had not gotten worse for several years) It wasn't until later I found out about this study........Better to be safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 08:13:06 PM by captklenk »

Offline bennj51189

• Bronze Member
how much soy is a lot more than a "normal person" would consume, as I am vegetarian and might be consuming that much soy. I probably eat 3 servings of soy a day.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i've been eating way more soy than that for almost twenty years and had no problems or change.  soymilk, tofu, soy-based fake sour cream, fake meats.  on the other hand, when i got my gyne thirty years ago, it was a lot of hormone-dripping dairy and beef.  read the article i posted above, and it's pretty obvious where i think the evidence points. 

eating "whopping amounts" of anything will cause you problems of some kind, no matter what, that sounds a lot more like something sponsored by the pork industry to me than a clean scientific study (and we have a lot fewer of those in this country than we think).  but the longest-lived people in the world in okinawa have tofu as a staple of their daily diet and no problems.  my intake looks a lot more like theirs than the supersized junk we eat here. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:38:16 AM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
I also doubt eating anything from the usual menu that people eat will cause gyno or reduction of gyno.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024