Author Topic: Just glandular tissue, or lipo too???  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Bobby C

• Posting Member
I'm 32 yrs. old. I've been working out for 8 years. I'm 5'7" 185lbs. I'm definately not fat. I've been to 2 surgeons and I've gotten 2 totally opposite recommendations. The 1st guy said just get lipo in the chest. The 2nd guy said don't get any lipo, just remove glandular tissue from under the nipple w/ a small incision. I know I need a 3rd opinion now. What the hell am I supposed to do?
Just do it!

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
if the guy says lipo only i'd run.. run far far away to another ps

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
After many years of doing surgery for gynecomastia, the one thing I am sure of is that no one, including myself, can predict what method or procedure would work best in any individual patient.  Attempts to decide ahead of surgery by how the tissue feels is often misleading.  The surgeon should be prepared and willing to do whatever is necessary in order to get an optimum result.  That means lipo if necessary, excision if necessary, or both if necessary -- and these decisions can be made during the operation.

Really, what counts is the final result -- not the means by which it was reached. 

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
depends on the case.  make sure like dr jacobs said he's at least leaving the option open.  if not, then like vanatu said be prepared to run.  many people have been unhappy with lipo only where excision probably should have been used too, but there are some cases for which lipo only would work ok. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
Can't say it any better than Dr Jacobs.....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024